Trusted Contributor

Re: Is anyone else tired of winter and looking forward to spring?

My poor hydrangeas look so bad....I am anxious to get out to my flowerbeds and start cleaning up the damage from our awful sub- freezing temps. The wind has been howling at 58 mph today so more leaves and other debris is everywhere. I want some sunshine and warmer weather so I can dig in the dirt! 

Respected Contributor

Absolutely. It is currently 7 degrees where I live right now. You can’t really go out at all. It’s bone-chilling crazy, miserable cold!
Trusted Contributor

Last night was the first time it's been coolish since last April, 60 degrees.   Here in S Florida, our "winter" is from April-Nov. it's always 95 with 95% humidity.  Horrible.  It's been 85 degrees and humid, I've been running the A/C right up until this week.   We need it too stay cool through April now, at least.

Valued Contributor

Only if that dxxx virus goes with it !

Honored Contributor

Actually summer!  I'm looking forward to summer!  Spring is tornado and hail season.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

decaf, I feel really sorry for you.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ, Thank you for answering for me.  I was glued to the TV yesterday.  

My DD, a scientist in a university lab, got COVID when it first came out.  Took 10 days to get a test response.  A mild case, no long term effects.

However, her FIL refused vax, got COVID, hospitalized, and now will be on oxygen 24/7 the rest of his life.  He is now vaxed, but harm is done.  Quite sadly FIL’s cousin, hospitalized with same, died a few days ago.

My DH’s nephew, an internal med doc, treats COVID outside a major city in NE.  He was supposed to get a week off,  but was called back to work.  Imagine.

In this pandemic, yes, we are home.  We don’t want this.  And we don’t want to give to others.  We are fully vaxed, boosted, and flu shots received.  But nothing, but nothing, is 100%.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ, Thank you for answering for me.  I was glued to the TV yesterday.  

My DD, a scientist in a university lab, got COVID when it first came out.  Took 10 days to get a test response.  A mild case, no long term effects.

However, her FIL refused vax, got COVID, hospitalized, and now will be on oxygen 24/7 the rest of his life.  He is now vaxed, but harm is done.  Quite sadly FIL’s cousin, hospitalized with same, died a few days ago.

My DH’s nephew, an internal med doc, treats COVID outside a major city in NE.  He was supposed to get a week off,  but was called back to work.  Imagine.

In this pandemic, yes, we are home.  We don’t want this.  And we don’t want to give to others.  We are fully vaxed, boosted, and flu shots received.  But nothing, but nothing, is 100%.

@PamfromCT Hi Pam. You do have a lot going on and you're doing your best with what has been thrown at your family. Husband and I are the oldest in both families so at least I don't have the most vulnerable to worry about. Husbands family on the other hand were taught not to believe in this nonsense and two of them were extremely sick with the virus. They are young and recovered. Don't know if they've all or even some have had the vaccine. At least we have been vaxed. Best wishes and health to you both. Hang in there.

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t like winters, the cold and snow. On the other hand, I know it’s part of the cycle of life.  The trees and plants are resting so they can provide a beautiful spring and summer.  I look so forward to everything coming back to life and being able to spend more time outdoors. 

Respected Contributor

Nope, not tired of Winter at all.  Love snow and all the outdoor activities that come with it.  Much prefer the cool/cold weather than the warm/hot.  Will never move South. I can tolerate that area  for about 2 weeks for vacationing, but that is it.