Honored Contributor

Re: Is Anyone RELATED to a famous person?

My grandfather is named in a Wikipedia article, I don't know if that counts.

Respected Contributor

Not exactly, but - Years ago, one of my cousins was married to the niece of a famous comedian.  He gave them a lavish wedding in Chicago.  Unfortunately, the marriage didn't last.  Supposedly, she was a big spender.

Respected Contributor

My Dad was very well known in the finance and investment world, but unless you're immersed in that universe it'd be of no interest. I have quite a few friends and acquaintances who are well known to hockey fans, but that's as close as I get to "famous". 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

No not me or my family, but a good friend was Valerie Harpers (rhoda from the Mary Tyler Moore show)  cousin or nephew. Didn't get to meet her thru him tho. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl wrote:

No not me or my family, but a good friend was Valerie Harpers (rhoda from the Mary Tyler Moore show)  cousin or nephew. Didn't get to meet her thru him tho. 

@wagirl, dh says he met "Rhoda" (at a local tennis club) when he was a kid.  Her dad brought her with him when he came to play a match.  

I'm from poor Irish families from way back.  Not related to anyone famous on my side.  DH's side once had some connection to Thomas Edison.  TE wasn't a relative but Dh's great grandfather(?) did some work for Edison.  This branch of the family tree had some money, but over the years, they didn't hold onto it.

Frequent Contributor

Who is "Bettie Page"?  Do you mean Patti Page, popular American singer of the 1950's ?

Frequent Contributor

Who is "Bettie Page?"  Do you mean Patti Page, popular American singer of the 1959's ?

Honored Contributor

@gmabee38 wrote:

Who is "Bettie Page"?  Do you mean Patti Page, popular American singer of the 1950's ?

@gmabee38  Bettie Page was a pin-up model in the 1950's.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Sort of ..... my stepmother was cousins with a very famous female politician.  

Honored Contributor

On my mother's side - very distantly related to William Shakespeare