Honored Contributor

Re: Is Anyone Familiar With "Cool Sculpting"?

@Hooty wrote:

My dermatologist does this too, he is constantly advertising it on his FB page!  When I first heard about it on TV, I googled it and read where it is only for people who are only about 30 lbs. overweight, this was a couple of years ago, I don't know if it has changed.

@Hooty 

What, they can't "sculpt" a body that is not overweight, just out of proportion? Sculpting is sculpting, so why does one's weight matter? 

Like Liposuction, it removes fat, but it not a method of losing high amounts of body weight. Cool Sculpting on the other hand does what, since it has a weight limit?

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I know a certain former host who has posted on her FB that she has had this done.

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

My dermatologist does this too, he is constantly advertising it on his FB page!  When I first heard about it on TV, I googled it and read where it is only for people who are only about 30 lbs. overweight, this was a couple of years ago, I don't know if it has changed.

@Hooty 

What, they can't "sculpt" a body that is not overweight, just out of proportion? Sculpting is sculpting, so why does one's weight matter? 

Like Liposuction, it removes fat, but it not a method of losing high amounts of body weight. Cool Sculpting on the other hand does what, since it has a weight limit?

hckynut

They can use cool sculpt on a body that is overweight, but you probably wouldn't notice much of a difference. 1/4 inch off your belly or thighs when you have 10 inches to lose isn't worth the price. You would have to spend a fortune to get only marginal results. My doc said it is good for lean people who may have a bit of love handles, saddlebags or back fat.

Trusted Contributor

I had it done almost 2 years ago.  I am considered a slim person but over the years the area that gains the weight is around my stomach.  The dreaded belly fat.

I exercise and watch what I eat but could never get rid of that little pouch of belly fat.

So I went and tried Cool Sculpting.  Did 2 back to back sessions.  They hooked up a huge rectangle suction cup to my left ower belly.  I think it was almost an hour.  Very uncomfortable at first because of the cooling sensation then after a few minutes it just became numb.

After the suction was removed I had this frozen lump that looked like the shape of the attachment.  It was a little painful as they massaged that down so it returns to even.

They repeated the process for the other side.

For a few days afterwards my stomach was black and blue from all the bruising and it stayed fully numb for a couple weeks.  For the next couple months the feeling started coming back but still had a lot of tingling sensations.

Took about 5 months for it to feel back to normal but I noticed absolutely no difference.  I still continued diet and exercise and my stomach looked like it did before the procedure.

The procedure cost 900 dollars.  I wouldn't do it again since it didn't work for me.

Occasional Visitor

I know of two people who have had this done. Both now are complaining 

about having flabby stomachs.