Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting....But Something You Could Have Lived Without Kinowing!

@Lucky Charm Never heard of it.  I used to watch the Game Show channel quite often then lost interest.

So, this show is ABOUT the price is right?  I don't understand?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Game show network.  My mistake.  It's called Cover Story and it's about the price is right.  Should be interesting if you like the price is right! 

Never posted a link, but if you google it, says they give you an all access pass backstage, the wearhouse of prizes, how they pick contestants, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny Yes I agree about some of the stupid things these people do on stage.

They get on the ground and roll in circles and just go crazy!  Sometimes I stop doing whatever it is I'm doing and just watch.....it's just plain crazy!

I understand the excitement of winning something but....come on!  This is just plain crazy sometimes.

So, did you guys ever hear about poor Drew Carey's back?  Yepper, he now has a very bad back from the people jumping up on him.

Some of these people (especially the males) are very large.  In fact recently he made a quick remark (I think it was during an anniversary that Drew said (paraphrasing) "Bob said to be sure to take care of my back when he told me I would have his job".  He was talking about Bob Barker used to remark that his back was pretty bad because of all the years when people were hanging all over him.

Watch how they jump up and pull him down.  Recently, someone knocked him down on the floor and the two of them ended up on the floor together!

What a Carey on: Drew looked like he had been taken by surprise by the enthusiastic contestant

Here's one contestant getting carried away!

Respected Contributor

I knew you had to pay taxes on game show winnings, because when I was a kid, a neighbor won quite a bit.  It was still worth it, tho, and she came out of it ahead  She had to forfeit some of the trips she won, because you weren't allowed to give them away and she couldn't get the time off from work to do all that traveling. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Come on....give "it" up!  What would surprise others to know you are interested in...this...or maybe that?

@Annabellethecat66

I'm really interested in animal cams.

When I'm at work, I click on one of the many cams I visit and keep it displayed on an open monitor.  My coworkers are now just as intrigued and always ask how the eagles or owls or dogs -- or any number of creatures I watch -- are doing.

The Decorah eaglets are branching. Woman Very Happy

eagles

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Skididdy - I think at some point in time, most every girl that went to Catholic school wanted to be a nun!

Trusted Contributor

Ms Annabellethecat - I like your postings very much, you are such a "COOL LADY"!!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I enter contests and sweepstakes as a full time hobby. I have been doing this since 1985.  Yes, you pay taxes on everything you win. I have won many many large prizes over the years.   I still do win a lot. 

Back in 1987 I won my first car.  I had to come up with the Washington State car sales tax first to even take ownership of the car....( $3000) and after that  also pay the IRS  the tax for the  value of the new car.    I ended up selling the car to pay the taxes....as at the time we were younger and did not have 8 thousand dollars to pay  the IRS the tax. 

I still came out of the win with an extra 6 thousand dollars after paying all the tax.  But I REALLY WANTED TO KEEP THAT CAR!  I cried having to sell it. 

But, taxes are just a part of life.  You just deal with it.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I'm glad to hear someone wins!  I never bother to enter things, just don't bother with it.

Do you remember what I was talking about with Oprah?  She was trying to do something nice (and it was nice and people benefited).  But more than one person couldn't afford the taxes on the car so they had to sell it/them.

Go here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqEQQFfsXHM

This is from 'the Daily Show' so he's being funny(?) but it did happen to some people.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs, Last week one day, I actually looked up, if ants served any purpose whatsoever.  I don't like them.  But, even the little ant has a reason for being here. LOL