Honored Contributor

Interesting....But Something You Could Have Lived Without Kinowing!

[ Edited ]

So those of you who've read some of my posts (poor things) probably know I'm interested in EVERYTHING!  I love, love TV (all TV), but I'm mostly interested in the 'behind the scenes' things.

For instance, what goes on behind the scenes of game shows interests me.  I was always surprised when I read that when Oprah gave away all of those cars on her show a local newspaper wrote an article about a local person who had to sell the car because she couldn't afford to pay the personal property tax of the car.

Here's some questions and answers from "The Price Is Right"https://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/price-is-right-things-youve-always-wanted-to-know?utm_term=.nxn2E...

Things like that really interest me.  Like, who pays the taxes on money you win from Plinko?  Answer, you do, of course.  It depends on how much you win.

Are there any things (just different useless information) that you've come across while going on the internet?

The people here (yes, you) are varied and I find, interesting.  Just as varied are things each person is interested in.

Come on....give "it" up!  What would surprise others to know you are interested in...this...or maybe that?

Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting....But Something You Could Have Lived Without Kinowing!

Oh @Annabellethecat66, I'm like you and interested in a lot of different things.  We're secret investigators I'm sure of it.  Day to day it's different, we never know what we'll be interested in any one day.  Now, if you look at my latest posts in TV and Movies, you'll see what I came across today.  TIDBITS

Trusted Contributor

Oh my goodness, LOVED your post and laughed as I thought of MY THINGS that interest me and fascinate me and love to gather information on.

HERE IT GOES....

Been facinated since a child with NUNS AND THE AMISH !!!!

I went to a Catholic School K-8th and was fascinated with them.  How they looked, how they spoke, how they prayed, how they seemed to be filled with such grace, how they lived, what they sacraficed.

In the 6th grade, I was convinced that I WAS GOING TO BE A NUN...THEN I FOUND OUT I WOULD HAVE TO CUT MY HAIR...I WAS OUT !  LOL

But still, I read about different orders of nuns, their roles, and how life has changed for them over the last century !

AMISH.....my aunt would take us to Hershey PA every summer.  AGAIN Fascinated with these creatures , that were so different from me...no electric, how they looked, how they prayed, how they spoke, the different home they lived in, the handmade crafts they mastered.  I WAS CONVINCED I WANTED TO BE AMISH,,,,UNTIL I FOUND OUT I COULD NOT BLOW DRY MY HAIR...I WAS OUT...AGAIN THE HAIR THING, LOL

I still read books about Amish and fictions of Amish life ect.

Yep its off the wall, but these are a few of my favorite things...interests...and always seem to gather information about these subjects.

HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES !

Honored Contributor

I love to read and many times something will spark my curiosity and I'll research that. For instance. I'm a lover of 19th Century English books and when Napoleon was mentioned, I realized that I wasn't paying attention to that period in history, so I started researching and then I will find something else etc.  With the internet it is so easy to satisfy your curiosity and find more ways to research. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

@Skididdy, I was raised Protestant, but for a while, in the 60s, my dad worked for a Catholic hospital, with an associated convent.  One day, my dad drove us through the convent grounds.

I was not used to seeing nuns. That day, I saw them playing tennis, and swimming! I believe at this time they were also being allowed to drive, as I remember seeing that about that time. I seem to remember that there was a time when that was not allowed. At this time they still wore full habits in public.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 Thank you for posting the link.  I am like you, I get curious about stuff a lot of people don't even think about. My DH just rolls his eyes at me with some of the questions that come out of my  mouth.

As far as the Price is Right, I often wonder if they encourage the "crazy" antics the contestants do when they make it up on stage.

For a period in my life I was really interested in mechanics of the operation of vehicles.  That was the time prior to all the computerization.

I get fascinated in how and why of various things in history, science, infrastructure, architecture, etc.  In other words how/why did we get from then to now. 

Honored Contributor

I always wondered about ants and ant hills, I had one of those boxed up ant houses that you could watch the ants as they moved around, fascinating.

Surgeries really interest me and how the surgeon does what he does.

My dad was a large bridge builder....but I never had him explain to me how the bridge is held up, and continues to stay up...he was an engineer.

I enjoy watching the show named something like....How that's made...I can't recall the exact name, but it is intersting.  Showcases the manufacture of a lot of things.

Many years ago I had asked a farmer friend (much older than me) how birds procreate...that man had the BIGGEST laugh at my expense as he tried to explain it to me.

When I was a kid listening to the radio, I really thought the musicians were in the radio station playing their music with their instruments.....I wasn't the brighest bulb in the 4 pack in those days!!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

When I was a kid, @Mom2Dogs, they really were playing in the radio station!

No, probably not, but radio did start out that way, so you weren't really wrong. You probably saw that in movies, or heard people talking about "the old days".

My grown-up son likes that TV show you mentioned, he learns a lot from it. It is pretty interesting. "How It's Made"?

Honored Contributor

@summerwind, thanks.....now I don't feel so dumb.   

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  There is a show on Game Show Network at 7 on Sunday night (ET) about the Price is Right.

I had tickets to go see the show last summer, but bowed out because it was going to be the Halloween show and I didn't want to have to think about a costume.  Plus, one show can take HOURS to tape.  They do two shows a day, one in the a.m. and one in the afternoon.

Has anyone ever noticed the Exclamation Point on the inside of the front door of The Golden Girls house?  Look next time!!!Woman LOL