Esteemed Contributor

Re: In a dilemma, need some advice from friends

Move into an extended stay hotel. 

Respected Contributor

They have told you several different stories.  Why believe anything they say?

Super Contributor

Move, move, and move from your current place.  As much as moving can be a pain, getting told you need to get out last minute would be even more terrible.  I would not trust your current landlords.  All the best with your move(s).  

Honored Contributor

@mintedrose 

Do please, follow up and let us know what you decide.

It’s always nice to hear from someone as follow up. 😊

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

Update: We've decided to move to a smaller short term rental. The biggest reason is because we dont wanna deal with these landlords. The other place is a lot smaller but we can make do for a few months. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Update: We had a tough time getting our deposit back as they were making one excuse after another until i finally put my foot down and went over to their house and picked it up myself.

Also, when i drove by the old house where we lived i saw a moving truck and apparently some other family had just moved in already. Are you kidding me? These landlord told us that they wanted to put the house for sale so they dont miss the spring market so they wouldnt extend us to stay there until June and then said they would but with conditions, now they have some other renters living there already?

Although i am very happy that we dont have to deal with that anymore, i do feel slighted that they lied to us this way. They inconvenienced us in any way they could causing us to move twice in 3 months. We had to make last minute arrangements and i cant believe that they turned around and rented it again to someone else. I guess im more upset at them now than ever. But I am so happy that i dont have to deal w them anymore, someone else can. Why do you think they lied to us and why are they renting again? 

Honored Contributor

@mintedrose,

Face it, these people are terrible landlords, and likely have been doing the same thing they did to you, for a long time.   It’s an underhanded racket, but unsuspecting people like yourself just keep falling right into their hands, making it easy for them to continue what they do.   

Just be thankful you moved, and got your deposit back!   

Honored Contributor

@mintedrose  They're just crappy human beings. I've seen cases like yours on The People's Court and Judge Judy.

Amazing how rotten some landlords can be!

Honored Contributor

Are you sure they are renters and that they didn't do a private sale of the house?

I'm sorry you were treated this way but I am glad you are out of there.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

@VaBelle35 Thank you, i appreciate that.Smiley Happy

im pretty sure its either renters or some relatives because when i look up the house listing, it shows up as rented not sold.