Honored Contributor

Re: In High School And College What Music Did You Play Most?

@sandraskates wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

Depeche Mode, Joy Division, New Order, The Cure, The Smiths, Bauhaus, Oingo Boingo, Siouxsie & The Banshees, REM

Yes! Those!!

Also Queen, Peter Frampton, Kansas, Culture Club, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, and still my favorites: Sparks.

@jaxs mom - Did you ever see Siouxsie and the Banshees in concert? They are still on my list of bands I wish would play a concert near me.

Culture Club was here a couple months ago and were fabulous.

Oh @sandraskates ❤️❤️ My sis just went to a culture club concert I was soooo jealous!! Said it was great and the original members! She also went to a Cyndi Lauper concert recently but she did mostly newer stuff. I guess she doesn't like doing so much of her old stuff, you know the stuff that actually made her famous lol!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Nice thread!  I love my 60's music... that's still my favorite to listen too.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Rock and Folk groups............my boyfriend was a musician and sound engineer..........and I got to see a lot of groups in concert.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@sandraskates wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

Depeche Mode, Joy Division, New Order, The Cure, The Smiths, Bauhaus, Oingo Boingo, Siouxsie & The Banshees, REM

Yes! Those!!

Also Queen, Peter Frampton, Kansas, Culture Club, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, and still my favorites: Sparks.

@jaxs mom - Did you ever see Siouxsie and the Banshees in concert? They are still on my list of bands I wish would play a concert near me.

Culture Club was here a couple months ago and were fabulous.

@sandraskates No I never saw them live. I did see Depeche Mode though.

@jaxs mom,No, but I did get to see Jimi Hendrix!

Regular Contributor

Paul Anka.....Put Your Head On My Shoulder was a favorite.  I graduated in 1961 !!  My boyfriend at the time, now my hubby for the past 52 years, considered that as "our song".  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Omg, too many to list, from Beatles and Stones, etc., to James Brown, The Temps, , all the rest I'd Motown, soul, Linda Ronstadt in her early days, Hendrix, mamas and papas, and way, way more, as well as classical. Always classical. (Never country, even now.)

Honored Contributor

Beatles, Rolling Stones, Chicago to Johnny Mathis and the Letterman. A large Variety.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

Quit high school/no college. Music in my car: Bill Haley/J.P. Richardson(Big Bopper)/Johnny Cash/ Elvis/Buddy Holly/5 Satins/Teddy Bears, to name a few.

At home: Tommy and Jimmy Dorsey/Harry James/Shep Fields/Libarachi/Stan Kenton/Woody Herman/Artie Shaw/Mills Brothers, and of course, Glenn Miller. Also listened to all Patriotic Music.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Yes! I was also a child of the 80s and MTV! Duran Duran, the B-52s, Adam and the Ants/Adam Ant, Missing Persons, Berlin, Cyndi Lauper, Howard Jones, Rick Springfield, The Fixx, Yaz, Violent Femmes, U2, English Beat (then General Public and UB40), INXS, the Go-Gos and the Bangles. I remember living life in John Hughes Soundtracks, too - Pretty in Pink, 16 Candles, Weird Science, and The Breakfast Club

I also listened to Journey, The Police, Billy Joel, Peter Gabriel, Genesis, The Eagles, The Beatles, Joe Cocker, AC/DC, The Stones, Queen, Elton John, Prince, James Taylor, Tom Petty, and Paul Simon.

In college, I went through the folk-rock era with Tracy Chapman, Indigo Girls, Sarah McLachlan, Suzanne Vega, Blues Traveller, the Travelling Wilburys, Crhis Isaak, the alt-rock of Jesus Jones, Dada, and the R&B/rap music of the DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Janet Jackson, MC Hammer, Bel Biv Devo, Salt N Pepa, TLC, En Vogue, and PM Dawn.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a old timer--55 grad--high. a lot of love songs. we had a store an was able to play music that went outside. when Rock around the clock came on I blasted it.