Honored Contributor

In High School And College What Music Did You Play Most?

In high school, I loved the Beatles when I was maybe around the ninth grade.  I played a lot of Hamilton, Joe, Frank, and Reynolds.  I loved Colour My World by Chicago.  That was the day of the Monkees, and Herman's Hermits  (Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter"!). Let's not forget the Sonny and Cher Show.!  Loved all of that too!

In college I discovered the incredible guitars in Pink Floyd.  I also liked Moody Blues and Joan Bayez.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: In High School And College What Music Did You Play Most?

Country Music, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Reba McIntyre, Clint Black, Martina McBride

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a 70s girl.

I listened to all those you listed and also a big variety: all Motown artists,  KC and the Sushine Band, Queen, Carole King, Carly Simon, Neil Young, the Carpenters....

Honored Contributor

In high school, the Stones, Bob Dylan, and Simon and Garfunkle. In college , Janis Joplin, Led Zeppelin, and CCR, oh and so many more. I may be old, but we had some great music.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Depeche Mode, Joy Division, New Order, The Cure, The Smiths, Bauhaus, Oingo Boingo, Siouxsie & The Banshees, REM

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

This is a great topic.  I loved and listened to----- The Four Seasons, The Crests, The Platters, The Righteous Brothers, Roy Orbison.  There are so many more though.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy
Trusted Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Depeche Mode, Joy Division, New Order, The Cure, The Smiths, Bauhaus, Oingo Boingo, Siouxsie & The Banshees, REM

Yes! Those!!

Also Queen, Peter Frampton, Kansas, Culture Club, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, and still my favorites: Sparks.

@jaxs mom - Did you ever see Siouxsie and the Banshees in concert? They are still on my list of bands I wish would play a concert near me.

Culture Club was here a couple months ago and were fabulous.

Trusted Contributor

Beatles, Stones, Bob Seger and Rod Stewart

And Anything MOTOWN : )

Honored Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

Yes! Those!!

Also Queen, Peter Frampton, Kansas, Culture Club, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, and still my favorites: Sparks.

@jaxs mom - Did you ever see Siouxsie and the Banshees in concert? They are still on my list of bands I wish would play a concert near me.

Culture Club was here a couple months ago and were fabulous.

@sandraskates No I never saw them live. I did see Depeche Mode though.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Oh.my.gosh @jaxs mom!!!!!!! We are twins!!!!!  I saw dm and the cure in concert numerous times. Oh man the memories!! Wow!

id also add front 242, Danzig, misfits, echo and the bunnymen, Kate Bush, suicidal tendencies, psychedelic furs, and yeah, probably even culture club.