Honored Contributor

Re: Imaoldhippie...

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Imaoldhippie   I'm with you, kiddo...

20200402_235418.jpg

This is wonderful, @MacDUFF.   I was so touched by it that I checked online and found the original cartoon (full size available for computer's wallpaper at wallpaperflare.com) and a cropped version, too.  It's from an Eisner-award winning webcomic called "minus" according to some of the internet sources.   Very inspirational food for thought!   Thanks!  (I'm so glad you're back!)❤️

positivitywallpaper.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

positivitywallpaper.jpg

Be well and safe, everyone!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Imaoldhippie...

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo 

Hey doob!  Hope you are well and safe also.

Woman I spent the better part of an hour trying to find that cartoon online for a better pic!!!!  It took me several tries to get a good pic of it from my original. 

Thank you so much for the full cartoon AND for the better pic of the shorter version.  Both of them will go in my Book of Quotes, which sounds fancy, but is an old 3 inch thick 3-ring binder jam packed with a lifetime's worth of quotes, cartoons, articles, etc.  Your Edwin Markham quote made it in!

Batter up!!!!!!!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Have seen the negativity for years.  No matter the subject, neighbors, family, friends, show hosts.....everything negative.  Don't think most even see it.

I see it and sit on my hands so I don't respond with what I want to say.  It is so draining I don't read their post or respond to their constant negativity.  Stay safe 

@mspatmac 

I should do the same as you -- sit on my hands and keep my mouth shut, BUT, I can't seem to do that. The negativity of so many people and the fear so many want to instill in others just  drives me crazy. Our ancestors have been through much worse and still survived! We will survive this, too!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

That cartoon, especially the image of the woman with the bat, sent shivers up my arms.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@dooBdoo 

Hey doob!  Hope you are well and safe also.

Woman I spent the better part of an hour trying to find that cartoon online for a better pic!!!!  It took me several tries to get a good pic of it from my original. 

Thank you so much for the full cartoon AND for the better pic of the shorter version.  Both of them will go in my Book of Quotes, which sounds fancy, but is an old 3 inch thick 3-ring binder jam packed with a lifetime's worth of quotes, cartoons, articles, etc.  Your Edwin Markham quote made it in!

Batter up!!!!!!!!

Hey, there, @MacDUFF!   I used Google image search and for me it can be dumb luck if I get useful hits.   I'm glad you like them!   Very glad you shared it with us, since I'd never seen it before and I appreciate the message.   It's a keeper (just like you are).   I collect quotes, too.   Started doing so 'way back in high school -- I have a deep appreciation for those who write beautifully and with meaning, those who can articulate so much better and more eloquently than I.   The Markham sentiment landed directly on my heart, resonated, and remains a good reminder for me when I stray (which is often!).   Thanks for the good wishes.    Take care.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova