Honored Contributor

Re: If your life had a theme song, what would it be?

@cimeranrose wrote:

@dooBdoo, "It is Well With My Soul" is a beautiful song and BYU's Vocal Point does a great job with it. (I have a couple of Vocal Point's CD's). Do you know the true story behind the song? It will tug at your heartstrings for sure.

This past December, on PBS, they showed The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square Christmas Concert from Salt Lake City. Hugh Bonneville did a dramatic narration of the true story of the Spafford family while actors reenacted it. Then the Tabernacle Choir beautifully sang, "It is Well With My Soul."

@cimeranrose wrote:

Here is the video of Hugh Bonneville's narration and the Choirs singing of "It is Well With My Soul." (Skip the 30 second ad at the beginning of the video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfo6pF2psxs

@cimeranrose❤️ , Thank you for thinking of me and sharing these!    A dear poster, @Teddie❤️ , told me of the origins of the song when I mentioned it about a year or so ago.   It made it even more powerful then, and your contributions here are so emotional and touching.   Thank you, again.  And thank you, @house_cat, for this thread.   We often find profound inspiration in, and from, our fellow posters, and for that I'm grateful.❤️ 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

« I Hope You Dance. »

Valued Contributor

You're welcome @dooBdoo. I'm glad we can share uplifting and inspirational things with our fellow posters on these boards.

Trusted Contributor

B*tch by Meredith Brooks 😳

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

"He got the goldmine I got the shaft"

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was thinking along the lines of the Funeral March, but with syncopation ...  and trumpets.

Respected Contributor

”Highway To H*ll”

Trusted Contributor

I have loved this song since I first heard it. I don’t know if it’ll happen but told my husband I want it blasting through the church at my funeral, it’s that meaningful to me. 

Here it is.  It’s Forever, sung by PFR. 

https://youtu.be/zFnpsrMqEVA

Trusted Contributor

Another special one is I Can Only Imagine by MercyMe. So encouraging!

https://youtu.be/rPhIp0DsLH0