Regular Contributor

Re: If your heart is troubled ,I am thinking of you...

What a lovely message!  With all of the festivities and celebrating going on this time of year it can be hard to remember that for too many people, the holidays are also a time of great sorrow and loneliness.  I happen to think that each and every one of you are special in your own way and I truly value the friendship that each and every one of you have extended to me.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, but for those of you who may not be in quite a celebratory place, I wish for you Inner Peace.Man LOL

Honored Contributor

Thank you, lovely @Still keeper of the koi, and posters!

Super Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Thank you. That's so sweet of you to be thinking of others. You made me cry.

My FIL passed away Thurs. & we are still trying to get Hospice to remove their bed etc so my MIL does not have to keep looking at it.

I guess DH is going to go over to take it apart & put all their stuff in the shed. They have lots of company coming & need the room.

We are still trying to make some kind of Christmas dinner.

We are making a ham, homemade rolls, watergate salad, Masterbuilt 4 Cheese mac n' cheese everyone wants, pecan pie & other goodies. I'm home now baking some goodies to take over.

My SIL is at my MIL's so she is going to make a turkey with mashed potatoes & gravy & a few sides.

Merry Christmas!!!

I completely understand @Nightowlz. My dad died on December 17, eleven years ago. Hospice was absolutely wonderful.  I remember looking at the bed he died in and waiting for Hospice to come and remove it.  But they did it quickly and were so sensitive to our needs. 

I don't really feel comfortable when people say that it's more difficult to lose someone at this time of year. If it's your loved one, no time of year is easy.  I do understand that Christmas brings out lots of emotions.  But it's always difficult.

The year that my dad died, 8 days before Christmas, we celebrated the holiday without him. It may have been subdued, but we celebrated nonetheless  He would have wanted that.  He always believed that life is for the living.  I think it was one of the greatest lessons he taught me.  Keep going.  Don't ever give up. Life is to be lived.

My best wishes for a wonderful holiday to you and yours!

Honored Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi

Bless you for the Kindness & Grace you have shown to all of us.  You are more than Honoring your MILs memory, you are making it Shine!

Thank you for thinking of those of us whose hearts are sore and whose Spirits are not at Peace.  

May you enjoy the Joys and Blessings of the Season.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Bless you for your beautiful spirit.  Please have a wonderful holiday.

Related image

Contributor

Oh my goodness, this is exactly what i need right now. thank you so much that is so sweet. God bless you too. everyone. 

Esteemed Contributor

Many thanks. I am always heartened by the responses I get on these boards. From my husband’s Alzheimer’s diagnosis, my mother’s broken hip, my knee replacement surgery, and my daughter’s aarthritis diagnosis, I have had my share in 2017. I have been on these boards from the very beginning and feel like I’m among friends. Sure, we can be critical and there are people who can be hurtful but they are a small minority. We may come from different walks of life, different generations, and different parts of the country but we have found common ground here and mutual support. So to all of you I say Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy 2018.

Honored Contributor

You are very generous with prayer.  Thank you.

We buried Mom the week of Thanksgiving.  It was difficult to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas without her.  I miss her so much.

Valued Contributor

My dear friends here, you remain in my prayers,so many troubled hearts and yet the love shown is so powerful.We never know where the road will lead, but faith is one gift we carry like a precious jewel,that tells us this life is only a glimpse of the beauty forever holds.I promise to try to uplift and hold  my friends here with high regard and always respect you.I am only human ,so I may falter,but please know it is me not you.As the week moves on ,I hope you are feeling positive about the coming year,that my wish for you is peace, rest in the thought of joy to come.Whatever or wherever your life is now,it is only temporary.I will continue to be a friend ,a trusted friend,we all need  that.Wishing you  love and the reason for the season to ignite a fire within. You are  special, you are a light in the world.I love you , just the way you are...Hugs,MaryAnne 

Respected Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi   MaryAnne, I have been thinking of you and this post since I read it a few days ago.  It  touched me deeply and took until today to know how I wanted to respond.  The following speaks to how I feel about what you did, by giving a little Jesus to those with troubles.  I think He would be most pleased as your gift given to others in His name rates with those given by Three Wise Men.  I pray you are blessed for it. 

This Christmas let’s Give a Little Jesus, a thoughtful word or deed, An act of generosity for someone who’s in need. 

Let’s Give a Little Jesus to everyone we meet— The salesclerk or the server, the person on the street. 

Let’s Give a Little Jesus, that’s what really counts—Not what’s spent or bought, for whom, in what amounts. 

Let’s Give a Little Jesus to everyone, large or small… For Jesus, the Messiah, is the Greatest Gift of All! 

Thank you, MaryAnne.   --Mrs. G.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.