Respected Contributor

Re: If you shop at the Q, what's the one item you pass up to buy locally?

Food

Computers

Mattresses

Shoes

Bras

Plants

Respected Contributor

One item I would absolutely not purchase would be mattresses.  I must be able to try them first due to back issues and it would really be a pain to have to return one.

What I do like to purchase are clothes and jewelry.  I have certain lines of clothing at QVC that I like and pretty much don't have a problem with them fitting as I know my sizes and styles in those lines that work for me.  Occasionally I have a fit problem, but not often.

I do buy shoes occasionally, but I have another "go to source" for my shoes.  A brand I have purchased alot of shoes from QVC is Issac Mizrahi.

I am not one who is interested in beauty products and my needs are minimal, so what I do need I purchase locally.  Also based on others experiences would not buy plants as I have many local resources and catalogs I have used for years.

Other categories sold at QVC, I may buy or not depending on what attracts my attention.

Valued Contributor

NEVER FOOD LOVE DIMONQUE    SP LOL

Respected Contributor

I would never buy a bed on QVC. I have to try various beds before I find the best one for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Food

Make up

Beds

Computers

vacuum

appliances

Esteemed Contributor

Beds and plants.  I am not a mall shopper, so I depend on QVC for many things and have generally been pleased.  However, before purchasing something that I really like, I check Amazon for pricing and free shipping.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

It use to be shoes. I have a very narrow foot and I am just just hard to fit. I am not one for purchasing and returning to get different sizes. Plus you use to have to pay the shipping charge to return the shoe. Well since they have changed the policy that you can know exchange for same item different color or size I will be less hesitant if something really catches my fancy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's a great question.  I just bought a new vaccum cleaner form Walmart.  I thought about buying one from Qvc but I thought the shipping charge might be too high, I'm sure it is around $20 and also I really wanted to look at it and compare it to other vaccum cleaners and read the box and all that good stuff.  When it comest o household applicances, I prefer to go to Walmart, Amazon Prime if I buy online.  And Handbags, I won't pay $11 or $12 to get handbag.  I buy everything else from Qvc, not a lot of food but I do buy cookies or candy for the holidays.

Honored Contributor

Clothing and shoes.

I would never buy shoes over the internet or tv, unless I already owned a pair I loved and could find them online and be sure they were the same as what I had. 

I have to try things on before I buy!

Honored Contributor

A mattress or any other large piece of furniture like a sofa...want to see and test those in person.