Trusted Contributor

Re: If you shop at the Q, what's the one item you pass up to buy locally?

PLANTS.  I have tried for 2 years purchasing from QVC and have been disapointed both years.   

They're smart in  timing the plant shows in the end of winter when you're so ready for spring - everything they show looks so pretty, you order.

Not ever again, I ordered some gerber daisy plants this year, dug out a new garden in the back yard for them.....waited, waited, waited - got an email that unfortunately they would not be able to ship them!  By then, it was too late in the buying season to buy them at a local store.

Also, I purchased set of 9 day lillies.  Told they would be blooming constantly the first year - only 1 plant this year had 1 flower.  The rest of the plants look like corn stalks - soooo disappointing.

Honored Contributor

Jeans.  I used to buy D&C, but they were too inconsistent in size, fabric and quality.  I now buy Lee Riders locally.  My size and style always fits the same. 

Honored Contributor

Pants and electronics.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Clothing for sure ... I need to be able to see if I like the style/fit on me before I buy it!

Honored Contributor

Shoes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jewelry and plants.  I don't buy jewelry or plants anywhere, just not interested.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven bought anything from QVC in three years. I did buy a Dooney last week and cancelled it an hour later because I really didn't love it. And I didn't like the almost $12.00 shipping. I ended up buying one I liked better at the Dooney site with free shipping. 

Never would I buy food, I can get that stuff better and cheaper anywhere. 

No clothes or shoes because I'm sure they would not fit and I'm not fond of the styles. No beds, computers or electronics, yesterday's technology today. No jewelry because I don't wear what I have. No makeup because I can go to Sephora or Ulta. No kitchen gadgets because I have enough and can buy elsewhere with coupons and free shipping.  No plants because they would just die in the heat. I just window show at QVC if that. 

Honored Contributor

Hot dogs.

Honored Contributor

Let's see.....

ALL food items.

Shoes

Most Clothing

Spring planting, plants, plant food

Electronics (just built a Dell laptop on-line)

Mattresses

Lg appliances

Oops sorry, you said one item.... Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Everything! I used to be an avid Q shopper but their no sales, high shipping prices and extremely slow shipping (sits in process for days!) have soured me. I now shop mostly Amazon and only shop locally for my clothing, shoes, etc. 

"Pure Michigan"