Respected Contributor

Re: If you had the chance...

@Desertdi wrote:

If it was "free".........I'd rather go see Russia

-----------------------

Me too.  I've been to Russia - interesting, unique, a learning experience.  

Honored Contributor

Puhleeeze!! I would not go and heck to the no!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

NO, not even if it was a free trip.

Respected Contributor

yes.  i've heard fantastic things about china.  people love it!

Trusted Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

I prefer to travel in the USA.

I love to travel in the US too and have been to 48 states some multiple times.  However, I have a love for other cultures including ancient art and architecture and you can't find much of that here.  There are so many fabulous places to see and in the 24 countries that I've visited, the sites, sounds, food, and especially the people have made each visit worthwhile.  When I was little my Grandmother had copies of National Geographic and Smithsonian Magazine and looking at every page of those magazines fueled my interest.  I have been fortunate enough to have visited a number of those places that I remember from my childhood. 

Honored Contributor

@Kardi wrote:

if you had the opportunity to take a two week river cruise on the Yanktze River in China and visit Beijing and Shanghai, would you not go?  Just curious.

Have done this / or similar trip, and thought it was wonderful!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Marci did you get a good deal on your trip.  Who did you go through?  I did spend two weeks in China and loved it but would love to do your trip as well.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't go because I still haven't seen all there is to see here.I think China has too much pollution and I probably would not feel well so that alone makes it easy to say no for me.

Esteemed Contributor

This is a question that has caused me much anxiety. My granddaughter, who has a serious digestive disorder that requires a strict diet and medication, is going to China this summer with her Asian Studues class. She's excited but many of us in the family fear she will get sick. My daughter, who nixed a trip to Paris because of my granddaughter's digestive disorder, is on board with this trip. I am very worried but the decision is out of my hands.

Occasional Contributor

No, that isn't something that interests me, but hey, if it is for you, go and enjoy.