Honored Contributor

Re: If you had the chance...

No, i have no interest in seeing china,Europe yes.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Nope. Nothing about a cruise interests me.

Sanitation and the lack thereof and sticking out as an American? Uh, no.

I'll pass and spend my travel $ at home or Canada since I'm close to the border.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would certainly be tempted. Shipboard "facilities" would be great I'm sure, but the reality of "facilities" on shore are very different, as well as ideas of hygiene.  River cruises look great; ocean cruises would definitely not be my thing.

My heart is adventurous enough to say I'd love to but my head is more concerned about my body as I age.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@Kardi wrote:

if you had the opportunity to take a two week river cruise on the Yanktze River in China and visit Beijing and Shanghai, would you not go?  Just curious.

I had the chance and went.  We only spent a few days on the Yangtze River going through the Three Rivers Gorge, visiting the dam site, and taking a smaller boat down into the lesser gorge area.  I went in 2002 before the dam was finished so we were able to see some of the sites that were later covered by water when the water level from the dam was raised.  I spent almost a month in China - saw the TerraCotta Warriors, Beijing, The Great Wall, Shanghai, & lots of other beautiful & historic places.  It is well worth the trip. 

Honored Contributor

If it was "free".........I'd rather go see Russia

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Kardi wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

Not sure.  There are so many other places I'd rather do....like a Viking River Cruise in Europe.

Actually we did France a couple years ago and loved it.  That is why we decided on this China cruise.  I've just been kind of surprised by the reaction of some friends.  The act as if we are defecting.

******I feel a lot of people blame China for taking away manufacturing opportunities.

Honored Contributor

Love Europe, the art, the antiques; not so much interested in China.

Trusted Contributor

I'd go in a heartbeat. What a beautiful adventure!

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Not sure.  There are so many other places I'd rather do....like a Viking River Cruise in Europe.

I AGREE....they look so nice in the commercials!!

Valued Contributor

@Alsee wrote:

I'd go in a heartbeat. What a beautiful adventure!

@Alsee I'm with you, sounds like a beautiful adventure.  Unfortunately I'm not well enough at this time to make a trip like that.  But if I was I'd definitely go!