Trusted Contributor

Re: If you could have anything

That I wasn't a widow.  Lost my dear Husband 12/22/15.

Honored Contributor

@Jamma, Sending hugs.

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal

Thanks much that was so kind of you and much appreciated.

Respected Contributor

Just to not feel sick anymore.

Honored Contributor

Keeping it realistic,  if I could have anything as a gift, I'd ask for a vacation in the Carribean in February.  

Honored Contributor

Good Physical and Mental health, and to live to see another birthday!

Respected Contributor

Wait...if there are gonna be a bunch of us with ranches full of homeless animals, WHO is gonna house the snakes and lizards???

(I call dibs on the giraffes!!)

Denise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

@Kallithat is a tough one...your mom is no longer the person you knew but you still love her and remember those days when she was herself.I think it is worse than death because who they were is gone forever but they are still there in the body that you love.I am going through that as are many of my friends with our parents.

@dex Thanks for your kind words. I’m sorry you and others are experiencing this too. I try to accept it and move on but once in a while the feeling of loss takes over. Then I stuff it back in a box and try to lock the lid. Again. Ugh. 

Esteemed Contributor

a day without chronic arthritis pain.....

Respected Contributor

@Halidon wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I would buy a huge ranch and take in abused and neglected animals.

... and I'd buy a huge ranch right next to you and take in your "overflow"!  I could care less about anything to show off to others,  however I'd get big warm fuzzies for rescuing animals. Unfortunately I'm allergic to cats so would you take my cats? 

I have always had this wish, ever since I was a kid as I truly love animals much more than people (with  the exception of my wonderful DH).  I would take in all animals and give them lots of hugs and kisses.  Jon Stewart has a sanctuary upstate NY and this is what he and his wife have dedicated themselves to.  A while ago, some goats escaped from capture in NYC and he rescued them and took them to his place.