Respected Contributor

Re: If you could have anything

Peace.

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee When I used to ask my mother what she wanted for her birthday.  She always said Peace and Quiet.

Thank you for the memory...it made me think of my mother.

Honored Contributor

My son shane back ,healthy, happy, he passed in 1998.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Frequent Contributor

A few people have said this already but I’m right there with them. If I could have anything, I’d want the space and the room to take in more animals. I’d love to help those who can’t take care of their pets any longer. It’s the most heartbreaking thing to see animals at my local shelter- a lot of times older animals- who’ve been surrendered due to their owners becoming too ill to care for them. I have no children of my own, my pets are my family. Who will help mine when it’s my time to go, either to an assisted living facility or due to my death? I want to help those people and their pets especially. Hospice animals too. Really any animal that needs a home. That’s my one and only real wish in my life. The space and the ability to help more animals.
Husband and I are preparing to move in a couple of years. Hoping I can put my wish in motion.
Respected Contributor

Preparing for colonoscopy- all I can think of is FOOD.
Respected Contributor

A 2019 BMW 8 series coupe.

Or a pre-paid NetJets or Delta Private Jets card. 

Decisions, decisions. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

A Bugatti and a place to DRIVE it and tires for it for 10 years. 

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote my exact words.   I need nothing; I want for nothing.   

At nearly 63, I look back and see that I have always had enough.   Regardless of what it was, I always had enough of it to be happy, and live comfortably.  

My focus is to enjoy every day, drama free, not sweating the small stuff, and knowing I have enough.    

Esteemed Contributor

I have a significant birthday soon and all 3 kids and their families will come over for dinner. Daughter's family coming in from AZ. Son bringing family, including a newborn (little Leo the lion) AND single daughter bringing that boyfriend my husband and I like so well (best guy she's ever dated). We're having KC BBQ.

While everyone's there, we're planning family reunion in Breckenridge, CO for our 40th anniversary and husband's retirement, 2020. Both events work for me for birthday gifts.

[And if I find a pot of gold -- purchase a 3 bdrm condo in 30a Florida, East of Destin, for future family reunions and winter visits] 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

firestorm: this wish does sound like paradiseSmiley Happy

"I would wish for a home in Hawaii with a family that got along and we could enjoy our company and share our lives together. Along with friends that would stay true and be there thru rain & shine".