Trusted Contributor

Re: If you are missing your mother today...

Sometimes, our mothers are faulty. It happens. That doesn’t mean YOU are faulty.

Mourn your momma and move on. Yes, it’s possible.

Honored Contributor

I lost my beloved mom at age 49 in 1967, fifty-two years ago.

Missing her never goes away, and I am 81 now.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Frequent Contributor

@Tweety68 I lost my mom when I was in high school and have lost my grandparents and close aunts since then as well.  This is a hard time of year.  The lilacs remind me how much my Mom loved them and the wonderfully smelling tree my grandmother had at her cottage.  Thank you for sharing.

Honored Contributor

I miss my Mother every day too. I think of her every day. Holidays make me a little sad and I always cry a little bit but then I try and enjoy them. I know she would want me to.  I cried over things others had posted on FB on Sunday.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor

My mom's mom died when mom was a teen. I never once heard Mom talk about her mom without crying.  I understand how she felt. Mom's been gone for 16 years and still, the tears. Miss her just a little more on Mother's Day. We were best friends and that's a special blessing.

Honored Contributor

Mother’s Day was way too difficult for me this year...the memories of Mom’s passing still fresh since only two months ago. I sent e cards to relatives...couldn’t face the walk down the Mother’s Day card aisle in the stores.

I understand and sympathize with all those who still mourn their Moms, but hope one day, this Sunday brings happy memories instead of sadness to me and others.