Super Contributor

If you are missing your mother today...

20190512_155224.jpg

Super Contributor

Re: If you are missing your mother today...

Despite the rain the beauty remains...Nothing takes away the presence,the spirit ...the love...

Honored Contributor

@Tweety68 

@Tweety68 wrote:

Despite the rain the beauty remains...Nothing takes away the presence,the spirit ...the love...

@That is beautiful,the post,the picture and of course the  lilacs which are my favourite flower.I just love the scent.I usually sneak some from a tree that hangs over a sidewalk that I use.Cant get enough of that scent.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@dex ,proof that beauty of life ,love is eternal.It fills the soul...

Trusted Contributor

How very sweet of you to post this.  I lost my Mother last week.  I am one of six children.  It's different for me because we never ever had a quality mother/daughter relationship.  I was the child she focused all her bad feelings toward.  I won't go into detail but I now, at 65, am in counseling with depression and PTSD.  I feel like I am the just a casualty left behind on a battlefield of trying a lifetime to win her love.  I know now I will never have that.  It's over.  Now I have to figure out how to get through the rest of my life dealing with that emptiness.

Esteemed Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

How very sweet of you to post this.  I lost my Mother last week.  I am one of six children.  It's different for me because we never ever had a quality mother/daughter relationship.  I was the child she focused all her bad feelings toward.  I won't go into detail but I now, at 65, am in counseling with depression and PTSD.  I feel like I am the just a casualty left behind on a battlefield of trying a lifetime to win her love.  I know now I will never have that.  It's over.  Now I have to figure out how to get through the rest of my life dealing with that emptiness.

@Equuleus , I am sorry for your loss.  Your loss is so fresh.  I hope time gives you perspective.  If this is overwhelming for you, talk to a therapist perhaps.  I had a good relationship with my mother but have a sister who is a challenge.  I have learned to deal with it.  I am one of ten children so I understand a large family dynamic.  Your mother is such an important figure in your life.  I wish you peace and well being, LM

Trusted Contributor

hugs and prayers for you

you just have to do the bes tyou can and let it all go.  pleasae do not  focus on the past, just make the best of today.

Respected Contributor

Thanks. It's almost 3 years, and I still miss her every day.

Trusted Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Equuleus wrote:

@Equuleus , I am sorry for your loss.  Your loss is so fresh.  I hope time gives you perspective.  If this is overwhelming for you, talk to a therapist perhaps.  I had a good relationship with my mother but have a sister who is a challenge.  I have learned to deal with it.  I am one of ten children so I understand a large family dynamic.  Your mother is such an important figure in your life.  I wish you peace and well being, LM

Thanks.  I am in counseling.  It's been so long of a time living as I did that I am not sure if I'll ever understand it.  But I do wish all those that had a loving mother they are missing peace in knowing what they shared and continue to share through their lives.  I do know the emptiness, but in a different way.  Peace and love to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

My Mom passed away in 2009.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her and miss her.  Holidays are the times I miss her the most.