Respected Contributor

@Malcontent 

You do not know if a new day is coming. You can hope, but you do not know.

Focus, and dealing with the here and now is the moment that is guaranteed.

Some people handle stress better than others. One person's stress is not stress to another individual. Each person needs to find their own way.

Everyone is not right nor is everyone wrong.

nanny 24 has to find her best outlet, and doesn't know where it is. She is too stressed to pause and to be gentle to herself. It will take time, but she can find her way whether it be meditation, therapy, exercise or whatever. She has to let herself "go" and pull back and take that time for herself to search deep within for what she needs.

Good luck nanny 24 and do not be selfish to yourself.

Super Contributor

Re: Ideas for less stress??

[ Edited ]

Don't  Overthink situations    As much as you can....... "Stay in the Moment"        In addition.........   "Don't believe Everything that you think  ~

These are the top three that have helped me tremendously.     YOU are in charge

of your own happiness.    Your inner peace.     

Take things one day at a time.    Do something that you love.    Hang out 

with your dog ,   take him for a walk and enjoy the beauty outside.

How you react or don't react in situations is up to you......... No one else.    Think 

Peace.    Think Calm.    and remember........ everyone is fighting their own battles.

Look at the bright side of things.    Stay away from the negative.

Love yourself........... do something nice for you.    Do somthing nice for someone 

in need.    Things may not be as bad as you might think.    If they are, make a 

game plan to protect yourself from the negative energy.    

Love yourself....... so you can love others........ and they can love you.    Think Peace 

and Harmony.     Think of a different way to react to things that are causing you this grief.

Do you know why your mom is so unhappy ?    Perhaps you can delve into 

her past with her somehow............ and find out.    I am in agreement with you, it 

is tough to be around negativity.    Do what you need to do....... to protect yourself.

Best of luck to you......... do what you need to do to take care of you....... so you 

can take care of others the way you need to.    Sending Hugs

Esteemed Contributor

The doctor gave me a perscription to take at night for noise I hear and many say they don't hear. It has helped a lot. Today it is very windy going to the many vents in the attic. All of this was driving me batty.  Some say it started  when my husband died 3 years ago. I can't say for sure but I hear noise maybe cause by the heater.

Esteemed Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

The doctor gave me a perscription to take at night for noise I hear and many say they don't hear. It has helped a lot. Today it is very windy going to the many vents in the attic. All of this was driving me batty.  Some say it started  when my husband died 3 years ago. I can't say for sure but I hear noise maybe cause by the heater.

@halfpint1 

Haven't you had multiple people, both professional and your son, check out your heater, and no one found there to be anything wrong with your heater?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@nanny24 

Did your  doctor determine if you have an ulcer? I am not sure that long term antacid medication is what you want either. I agree with the posters that suggest you get with a good counselor to teach you to implement some of the strategies.

It sounds like you need to do something that takes your mind off the stressful situation. Unfortunately just saying that does not make it happen. You have to learn how to tune it out. That is where a good counselor could help you.

Make sure you are not taking any NSAIDs or medication that makes it worse.  Your doctor  probably informed you of this.

Best of luck to you.

doxie

Respected Contributor

Find something that makes you happy and allows you to be distracted and get your mind off those stressful things for a while. 

For me, it’s riding my horse. I love my other animals. But it’s trail riding that gives me that psychological “high”. I can’t explain why this is so. It just makes me happy. And that feeling lasts for hours after I’m done.

Maybe there’s something like that for you. The problems will still be there when you’re done, but getting away from them for a little while will give you much needed relief.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

Find something that makes you happy and allows you to be distracted and get your mind off those stressful things for a while. 

For me, it’s riding my horse. I love my other animals. But it’s trail riding that gives me that psychological “high”. I can’t explain why this is so. It just makes me happy. And that feeling lasts for hours after I’m done.

Maybe there’s something like that for you. The problems will still be there when you’re done, but getting away from them for a little while will give you much needed relief.

@Kalli Beautiful advice. Post a picture of your horse someday if you can.

Would love to see him or her.Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
find someone to help your mother so you can have a break; sounds like you need to be away from each other a little more.....take care of yourself and if necessary hire someone to give her a ride to the dr, if you don't have any sibling or other family members to help
Valued Contributor

Re: Ideas for less stress??

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

I notice women are more worry some than a man. I tell DH that I am worried about this or that and he is so calm said oh it all works out. Every family has some issues but a women will worry & try to figure things out. You can't change your Mom no matter what you do. My Grandmom lived with us, back then no assist living just a few nursing homes. My Mom would cook carry food upstair cause Grandmom was bedridden had depends plus my Mom was trying to raise her family. She wasn't feeling well went to Dr. He said your blood pressure is so high & you are so close to a stroke. He knew our family & said you are the DIL why isn't her children dealing with all of this? Mom called family meeting so not one of them were willing to do what my Mom was doing and finally decided to put Grandmom in a nursing home, Grandmon was going down hill everyday and wasn't in there long til she died. I told my Mom you did more for Grandmom than her kids so don't feel bad.