Honored Contributor

Re: IS HALLOWEEN JUST FOR KIDS?

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

We went to a wedding on Halloween years ago....but we were one of the few that didn't dress up

We ate and left..

@Nataliesgramma 

we went to a bridal shop the other day to check on my daughters wedding dress.

they were featuring a beautiful BLACK wedding gown as you walked in. the associate told us that they had sold a few for halloween weddings.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Many adults these days get in the holiday spirit and have halloween parties with costumes.

I would wear a cosutme but something very simple or at least Halloween shirt and atire.  My MIL when she was teaching purchased a pair of scrubs and went as a Dr every year.

Respected Contributor

Sure I would go in costume. Why not.  Halloween parties are fun! The only reason I would not go is if it was on T or T night. I like giving out candy to the kids, teens and adults.

Respected Contributor

Our HOA has events throughout the year and Halloween is always one of them..  They usually have it as part of the October potluck (potlucks are monthly).    

Would I go? - No.  I've never enjoyed going to any costume parties but I will say - after the party here they will post a picture of the residents that did go and I'm always impressed by the creativity of some people!

Esteemed Contributor

Even as a kid, I didn't really care for Halloween.  It was OK....just nothing special.  So the holiday has no appeal to me as an adult.  However, there are more Halloween parties and events for adults than there used to be.  If that's your thing, enjoy but I would decline the invitation.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Whst's really been freaking me out is someone (or something) is floating red balloons on our street after 10PM!!! That's just NOT funny! 

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Did anyone see the I AM A CAT hoodie Maddie (Jennifer Love Hewitt) wore on the 911 show last night?

I wasn't sure whether she wasn't into Halloween or whether she didn't have time to plan something else.

Image result for i am a cat hoodie on 911 tv show"

Earlier this week I saw a young 20-something wearing that sweatshirt, minus the cat ears.

At first I didn't get it, but when I saw the most recent episode of "9-1-1", and saw Jennifer Love-Hewitt wearing the same thing, then I got it.

As for adults dressing up for Halloween, I say sure!

It can be fun!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I received an invitation last week to Ladies' Night in the neighborhood for tomorrow night at 7....come in costume. Really?

I've been there, done that. Would you go? In costume?

Where my husband used to work, they'd go all out for Halloween.  Once had the office staged as if an alien (UFO) crashed thru the ceiling.  It was amazing.  He has a different job now, but this place has some Halloween fun too.  Some dress up, stage their cubicles, etc.  My husband already has his Harry Potter costume out....robe, broom, glasses, wand....he's ready to go.  He's 57 and dresses up every year.  Embarrasses our daughter.  Two years ago he went as Charlie Brown.  The one where he was a ghost with all the holes in it.  He was carrying a paper bag the had "I got a rock!" on it.  But no one at work knew what he was!  Ha-Ha!

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Did anyone see the I AM A CAT hoodie Maddie (Jennifer Love Hewitt) wore on the 911 show last night?

I wasn't sure whether she wasn't into Halloween or whether she didn't have time to plan something else.

Image result for i am a cat hoodie on 911 tv show"

Earlier this week I saw a young 20-something wearing that sweatshirt, minus the cat ears.

At first I didn't get it, but when I saw the most recent episode of "9-1-1", and saw Jennifer Love-Hewitt wearing the same thing, then I got it.

As for adults dressing up for Halloween, I say sure!

It can be fun!

Interesting. 

Just fyi, her name isn't hyphenated.  It's not part of her last name.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

I'm probably in the minority but I've never liked Halloween.  I love Fall decorations and keep them up until Thanksgiving but I just can't get into all the scary decorations, costumes or parties.  Of course, I have my son dress up and enjoy the festivities but I do it for him.  Actually, can't wait till it's over and the candy is gone!  Just my opinion, but it I think it's overdone.