Esteemed Contributor

Ever think, though know better, that you just can't win?  That's me today.  You need not peruse my idle complaining as I'm just trying to rid myself of the Poor Me's.

Windows - replaced 3 already, the other 4 ordered d/n make it in on 9/9, but 9/22.  Eddy's ramp planning was a little off ("leave it to the pros" - did).  Having a slider installed to relieve the problem: bought only one in stock; unfortunately had crack in it so vendor had to get another which never made it in on 9/22.  My friend who was to install everything got sick, went to doctor 9/23 - covid!

Last nite so cold here had to put on heat, though hated to since two of the four windows to be replaced won't close all the way.  Carefully went downstairs to check that enough water in furnace.  Usually no big deal but had fallen on lawn (hill) going to neighbor's, bringing her groceries (shop for her) along with some food I had made for Eddy and me:  hurt foot in fall.  So I gingerly walked downstairs 'cause unable to put pressure on half of one foot.  Years ago my mother had fallen down those stairs and broke her neck - that's why I was concerned,

Been trying to get the mobil vet for over 2 1/2 weeks for my Eddy.  The #itch finally called at 11:33 today - not to make an appointment but to tell me her vet tech had left and she's sooooooooo busy - so since I d/n have working email and c/n text on my phone, she cannot call me from her car - she can only email and text from her car!!!!!Woman Mad  I cannot say what I'd like to do to that #itchWoman Mad.  I just hope and pray KARMA GETS HER!  She had the audacity to tell me she'd refer me to a nearby vet, even though that #itch knows Eddy is a little handicapped, weighs seventy pounds and I 1) can't lift him into the jeep, and 2) Eddy has been traumatized and wouldn't do well if I c/.n accompany him inside,  KARMA PLEASE GET THE #ITCH!

Well mobile vets are hard to get since covid, but I'm trying.  I'm laying in bed with my swollen foot wrapped in a heating pad, praying I'll get a vet for Eddy, but don't expect any callbacks bofore the weekend.

If you've read through my lamenting, I hope you're having a much better time with things through this trying period.  

Thanks for letting me vent.  I really needed it!Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Re: INTO THE POOR ME'S TODAY

[ Edited ]

Wow. That's a lot of stuff. I am concerned about the level of hatred you have toward your vet. Yikes. Wishing ill will on her. Calling her names, what you'd like to do to her. I hope nothing bad happens to her- you will be the prime suspect 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@eddyandme Vent away! We are here to listen. It seems like the harvest moon thing unleashed some cosmic issues since I have struggled all week myself. Nothing as bad as you are experiencing, but I wanted you to know you are not alone. Take care of yourself and Eddy. I hope you get everything resolved quickly.

Honored Contributor

My good friend lives south of us and has been trying to get windows since April baseball sized hail--along with all in about 3 mile square and they cannot get them.  And they have no long WHEN they will get them.  She is resigned to the fact that "someday" is the date. 

Sorry for your troubles with everything, but for some reason windows are really hard to come by.  Even just the new pane inserts!  

Honored Contributor

Yikes! You need to calm down. 

Respected Contributor

You poor soul, I think you're entitled to the "poor me's" after all that. Hoping all gets better in the coming days. Take care.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure most of us have been through times when it was just one thing after another going wrong.  I know I have.

But I have to agree with the others who are shocked at the vitriol you spewed about the vet.  At least where I am veterinarians are very busy and they're doing the best they can.  Everywhere is suffering from a shortage of workers for various reasons.

You said she lost her vet tech and she tried to recommend someone else.  And you wish something horrible will happen to her?  It sounds as if she's right to suggest you find another vet.

Being upset about things going wrong is one thing, but wishing harm on someone who doesn't deserve it is another.   You need to calm down and think about what you said.  Those hateful feelings won't help you cope. Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@fairydogmother@Venezia 

I may seem harsh. but any doctor who suddenly drops a patient when a visit is requested is someone not concerned with those they treat.  And since she is an unconcerned doctor she could have let me know  2 1/2 weeks ago.

Nothing on my end has changed. I've politely accepted her last-minute appontment changes and worked with her convenience. Suddenly she's only doing business by email/msg requests.  Also, after paying her $500 for acupuncture she didn't finish the last one but decided to give him B12 shots instead - for her convenience.  Eddy was a calm, gentle patient.  She also stated she was wondering how those would work; said she would consult her friends in FL for suggestions since the acupuncture had no effect; and, would give me lessons on my doing acupuncture massage if I wanted, which I did.

Then she leaves me high and dry.  I don't believe I'm being too harsh.  I believe she's uncaring and irresponsible.

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

Wow. That's a lot of stuff. I am concerned about the level of hatred you have toward your vet. Yikes. Wishing ill will on her. Calling her names, what you'd like to do to her. I hope nothing bad happens to her- you will be the prime suspect 

@fairydogmother    She's having a bad day and is venting.

@eddyandme   I'd be putting ice rather than heat on that foot.  Ice should take the swelling down. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

@fairydogmother    She's having a bad day and is venting.

@eddyandme   I'd be putting ice rather than heat on that foot.  Ice should take the swelling down. 

THANKS, @Kachina624 .  I';; make some ice cubes and give it a try!