Honored Contributor

Re: I woke up to snow in California!

Another 70 degree day here in southern WV; I am so loving it!  Much better than our typical February weather when we would normally have snow, ice, and frigid air (the extreme cold that burns your nose when you breathe).   I have a window open, letting in fresh air.  Ahhhh.

Honored Contributor

@Runner26 wrote:

@Teddixat I'm in Humboldt County.

@Runner26 

Sometimes there would be snow on Fickle Hill in Arcata...

This was late 70s, early 80s.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I saw on the news this morning that they had snow on the beaches in Santa Barbara. They had pictures. That must have been a sight. I live in Central Ca. and we have had snow on the mountains by us the past 2 nights. And heavy winds last night. The wind is what scares me. That, and the flooding we had in our last big storm a few weeks back.
Esteemed Contributor

@Runner26 

@Runner26 wrote:

I took this picture at 7:30 am today. I was talking to my neighbor and she said she'd been here for 13 years and this is the first time it's snowed here. This is in northern California.

IMG_0730r.JPG

I live in Northern CA.  Was walking dog today and looked up at the snow in the hills.

Esteemed Contributor

@Teddixat 

@Teddixat wrote:

@Runner26     May I ask where in NoCal?

I live near Santa Rosa and it was on the hills.

Esteemed Contributor

@Runner26 wrote:

I took this picture at 7:30 am today. I was talking to my neighbor and she said she'd been here for 13 years and this is the first time it's snowed here. This is in northern California.

IMG_0730r.JPG

More snow than we have had in NYC!