Honored Contributor

Re: I will no longer shop at JCP

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I had only one problem with JCP a year or so ago.  It was a delivery issue that JCP and UPS had to deal with ... I never got what I ordered.

Delay, delay.... I finally went on Facebook and commented on their page.  It took about two hours to get my refund credited.

I had a similar issue with Genii bras ... it took comments on both Facebook and Twitter to get my refund for something that they never shipped.

I've found that when all else fails, a comment on the Facebook page of the company gets things taken care of right quick!

Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

I thought JCP was closing.

@Group 5 minus 1 Not all, the one in my town is staying open but we are only a couple of hours Corp. headquarters.  The last time I shopped in Penney's back in May of this year I found shirt on sale for my GD and the clerk also gave me a $10.00 off coupon she had so I spent $1.69 for my purchase.  I am not complaining.  Loved working at Penny's way back in high school/college days.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

ive ordered everything from kids clothes to housewares online.  Since the shipping was so high lately (8.95 on a $25 item) I've decided ship to store (even though it's 1 hr away I shop other stores while there).

I have not had any problems with getting my order OR getting credit in timely manner for returns.  The only drawback I find is in our store the salespeople are very young & seem to get flustered easily if the computer system asks something they aren't familiar with & CS skills are nowhere to be found! 

But, I like the selection in the larger stores so I keep close eye on credits/payments -- 

Honored Contributor

JCP is hanging on by a thread....they want too much for shipping and although I have ordered several things from them because DH needs tall sizes, and you cannot get them in the store.....not once have I ever received the email they promise to tell you the order is in.....I just have to go online and check the status myself or call on the phone.

Macys has already closed at one of the few remaining malls here...and more are slated to go soon. Customer service is a thing of the past. Last time I was in Macy's, I asked a saleswoman if they had a specific cosmetic gift set, and she just shrugged.....nice.

Respected Contributor

I love JCP since they undid the disastrous redo that happened several years ago. Product selection, quality and custimer service are great at the 2 JCPs near me.

Honored Contributor

JCP has been aware of their online order issues for many years. Because they choose to charge a minimum of $9 for shipping, they have no incentive to fix their system. I only order online because I can't find certain men's sizes elsewhere. I know the Liz Clairborne line is only at JCP now and their Worthington career line seems to keep them afloat.

Trusted Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

JCP is hanging on by a thread....they want too much for shipping and although I have ordered several things from them because DH needs tall sizes, and you cannot get them in the store.....not once have I ever received the email they promise to tell you the order is in.....I just have to go online and check the status myself or call on the phone.

Macys has already closed at one of the few remaining malls here...and more are slated to go soon. Customer service is a thing of the past. Last time I was in Macy's, I asked a saleswoman if they had a specific cosmetic gift set, and she just shrugged.....nice.

And that's exactly what I mean about service being wavy.

I was treated so shabbily in Macy's during a transaction that I didn't shop there for nearly a year. Then when I needed a bridal gift (couple registered there) I got outstanding service in the linens dept. So I started shoping at Macy's again. And when the store was out of stock on a toaster oven I wanted, a sales person ordered for me and it was at my doorstep two days later.

My area must be good for foot shopping as so far stores that are closing up (JCP, Macy's, K-Mart, Sears) have not announced any closings here. And Penney's always had customers at the checkout counters.

Respected Contributor

I'm glad we cleared that story up...................not.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Venezia,   Yes, I meant minutes and there was no leaving a message.  Totally ridiculous.  The idiots told me today that the order was cancelled July 11 which made no sense at all.  I did received an email saying I can p/u until July 20  I decided I did not want them.  I should have gone to the store picked them up and returned them immediately.  Okay, so they cancelled on July 11 so that is 29 days to receive the credit.  That is only item purchased from JCP and definitely that last.

So you decided you didn't want them and just didn't pick them up?  After you had already paid for them?  I can't imagine doing that.  For sure I would have communicated in some way rather than simply not showing up.

I also think that calling the people you spoke to "idiots" is over the top.  I cringe when I hear that word.  It's an awful thing to call someone, and unwarranted in a situation such as this.

Respected Contributor

This "story" is the very reason why reading reviews are senseless.

Too many people are influenced by someone else's opinion yet the claim "I will no longer shop at JCP" is unfair to that specific retailer and to their customer service.

Sometimes the benefit of the internet/forums/reviews are actually detrimental.