Trusted Contributor

Re: I was trying on a pair of QVC Boots when I broke my hip

well, @I am still oxox , never knew those Sketchers packed such a wallop Woman Wink

I could write a book about all the inane messes I've gotten myself into. Welcome to the human race! Please don't judge yourself too harshly. Remember, we are not perfect, just forgiven. I remind myself of that fact whenever adversity happens that it is just a learning experience. It's how I respond that counts.

Did you return those blasted boots?

dee

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox 

Once, during my daily walk, I tripped over my own feet and landed on my backside. No zippers to blame, just clumsiness. Stuff happens. You'll be on the mend soon.

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I did not want to admit this before, I was trying on my "new" Sketchers boots back in early October and the inside zippers caught on each other causing me to fall and fracture my hip in my own home.

It has taken me a while to want to recollect the facts and admit them.

This was a little over two months, I am healing slowly  due to an immune issue and not a happy camper at all, sort of going day to day and trying to keep life the best I can

Today is cloudy and damp and a sad day for me.

Maybe saying how the accident happened will help me heal mentally

Oh Mercy - that sounds like something I would do.  I tripped over an elastic loop.  

Take care.  I know memories of falls don't go away overnight.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue 

Good memory it is the same injury just coming forward with what happened 

@DottieBlue wrote:

@I am still oxox 

I am so sorry to hear of your injury.

Didn't you post a couple of months ago that you just had hip replacement surgery?  Is this the same hip?

Hope you are good as new soon!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Accidents happen so quickly. Not long ago, I caught a yarn fiber from my sock on the strip that separates our wood flooring from the carpeting. Luckily, I caught myself but I could easily have been hurt.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry that happened to you even if I picture in my head how it happened.  But it doesn't really matter how it happened, you had a fall and fracture your hip.  Would you feel better about it if you fell down a flight of stairs or was in a car accident?  An accident is an accident.  Just focus on healing.  When this is all over and behind you'll probably laugh about it.   

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox  hope you're feeling better knowing that you are not alone. 

I must admit that I laughed at some of these mishaps because everyone seems to be ok. 

I remember in 1980 I was living in NY and was on my way to work. In NY everyone walks 100 miles per minute, next thing I knew I was on the ground and someone picked me up before I could get trampled. I knew something was wrong because I "don't fall". Went to the Dr and found out I was pregnant but everything was ok. 

Esteemed Contributor

You joined the club of "I can't believe this happened to me."  When for no reason whatsoever I fell when I was in my garage and broke my hip, to this day I question how did it happen?

I am so sorry it happened to you and the main thing now of course is to stay well.  I'm sending good vibes your way while you continue to heal, and wishing you the very best New Year ever.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Sage04 

We also talk 100 miles a minute I am a born and raised NY er grew up in the Bronx moved to Brooklyn when I got married, now live in the close Northern burbs Worked in the city from 1979 until 2001 when I started to work at home.

@Sage04 wrote:

@I am still oxox  hope you're feeling better knowing that you are not alone. 

I must admit that I laughed at some of these mishaps because everyone seems to be ok. 

I remember in 1980 I was living in NY and was on my way to work. In NY everyone walks 100 miles per minute, next thing I knew I was on the ground and someone picked me up before I could get trampled. I knew something was wrong because I "don't fall". Went to the Dr and found out I was pregnant but everything was ok. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I am so sorry you fell and broke your hip. Doesn’t matter what the reason is....the important thing is you are on the mend now and I you are truly feeling better. I assume you returned the boots?