Trusted Contributor

Re: I was trying on a pair of QVC Boots when I broke my hip

Ok hope this makes you smile, but it really did happen.  When I was working at the Pentagon I was going down a corridor and I had my big backpack on.  Well...I tripped and fell on my face and yup you guessed it, the backpack flipped up and hit me in the head while I was going down.    I thanked God no one was around.  LOL.  I wasn't hurt but I was pretty embarrassed.  I figure if anyone was monitoring the camera's got a good morning laugh.  Sending healing prayers!  Sometimes stuff happens.  

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox.  Glad to hear you are mending but suggest in the future, you SIT to try on shoes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I hope you feel better each day.  All of us with aches and pains from arthritis and old age can understand.

I don't think you should be hard on yourself.  I have lost my balance before trying to stand up and slide into shoes.

I wear a size 10 & 1/2 and 11 shoe.  Often the backs of the shoes and boots cave in so I can't get them on.

I finally wised up and bought me two very long shoe horns.

It took care of the problems.

Your post reminded me of my accident in March (this covid March).  I was standing at my front door talking to a friend.

For some reason my cat (Bill) decided he was going out the door.  I bent down to catch him (had hold of his tail) when I lost my balance and slipped and slid right into the second set of steps (I was in the foyer).  I plowed into the steps.  My head hit the round part of the stair and my back hit the step under that one.

It knocked me out for a few seconds and the pain was ....well...I broke my back...it was that bad.

I understand what you are saying.  I had severe back pain BEFORE this, so this added to it.

Please don't be so hard on yourself.  If we are all honest with ourselvs, we've all done things that falls under "what was I doing and how did I get here".

Please let us know how you continue to heal and feel better...Heart

Respected Contributor

Wishing you a speedy recovery physically and mentally..((hugs))

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox  I am sorry to hear you are having a bad day today. ((Hugs))❤️

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox   You are far from alone with the Skechers incidents.

I had purchased a "fur" lined black suede pair of their low back shoes from here.

First time I wore them outside in February, 2018 I fell and broke my hip badly.  Never wore them again.  Surgeon who repaired my complicated fracture said he had never seen another injury like it.

After the surgery between prayers, tears, and doing my physical therapy with determination I was walking again by the end of May.  Was so glad to put the walker and special stair aid away.

Had to relearn everything about walking!  So I feel your frustration.  Hey, freak accidents happen so cheer up and don't blame yourself.  And I understand the zipper thing completely.

Hey, as a kid I used to fall UP the stairs and walk into the sides of doorways.  HATED gym class except for tumbling and using the Swedish Box.  Refused climbing the cargo net or ropes--didn't care if the phys ed teacher gave me the stink eye or not!

Didn't like team sports--nobody would pick me.

I am naturally non-athletic, non competetive, but was blessed with being painfully thin!

I will continue to keep you in my prayers and asking for your full recovery.  I need prayers today, too.  Trying to complete something urgent that affects my future and the computer gods are against me.  So, be of good cheer, you are not alone.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox Please oxox think nothing of it.  Since i have  retired I have done a million similar things, but was lucky I did not harm miself yet.  Go with it.  You will improve day to day.  It's difficult, but try to stay positive.

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox 

I am so sorry to hear of your injury.

Didn't you post a couple of months ago that you just had hip replacement surgery?  Is this the same hip?

Hope you are good as new soon!

Esteemed Contributor

What a freek accident!!!! I hope you feel better soon 😃

Esteemed Contributor

What a traumatic accident . Did you keep the boots or have them sent back?  Might not want to keeo them .