Esteemed Contributor

Re: I was trying on a pair of QVC Boots when I broke my hip

These accidents really do happen when we're unaware and take everyday movements for granted. A few years ago I mopped my kitchen floor...no big deal. However, I was wearing leather soled shoes and instead of waiting for the floor to dry, I walked across the kitchen to put away the mop. I only made it halfway. I went flying on the wet floor and landed on my side. I finally, embarrassingly, went to the doctor after three days because my left side, from shoulder to toes, was every color in the spectrum and I was hurting. Miraculously I didn't break anything. The doctor said my working out every day saved me from a fracture. With my Covid inactivity, I might not be so lucky a second time.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @I am still oxox ,

Just wondering how you are feeling these days. I've prayed that you will feel better every day, so no matter how slow, at least it is forward progress. 

Take good care and remember your many friends here who care for you and are sending you well. You are a special gal- a warrior. Woman Happy

dee

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox @just bee  I can relate to falls, they happen so fast! I was walking my Jack Russell. 
  He pulled the extending leash while jumping up a bank to chase a squirrel. I fell backwards,ended sitting up still holding the leash. 
  I thought"Id better look at my hand". The plastic handle and fall had broken several bones. I knew I had to support it with the other hand, which I did. 
  While wondering how I was going to get up and hold my hand and the leash with the dog my neighbors were driving by. He took my dog home while she drove me home. 
  I had surgery and two titanium plates put in my wrist. They  are still there!  That dog lived to be 16 and I had to put him down in July, but I have a scar as another memory of him!

Falls happen fast, usually when I'm thinking of something else rather than walking. I pay attention more now.

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox To take a fall like that just really stinks!! I am so sorry you have to endure the pain of a broken hip. Have you tried one of those really large infrared heating pads like they have on Hammacher Schlemmer or The Sharper Image? I hear from everybody they work miracles because, unlike a regular heating pad which just sends heat outward from the pad, and infrared pad sends the heat to your bones! I hope you are treating yourself to delivered meals and watching lots of good movies while you finish your recovery. I'll add you to my prayers tonight. God Bless and Merry Christmas!

Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle 

Thank you some days good some days not, today is a not lots of pain I know that each new movement will bring pain so I am dealing with it, resting doing some of my PT home work and moping a long, thank you for asking, My immune system is wacked so recovery is slow

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

Hi, @I am still oxox ,

Just wondering how you are feeling these days. I've prayed that you will feel better every day, so no matter how slow, at least it is forward progress. 

Take good care and remember your many friends here who care for you and are sending you well. You are a special gal- a warrior. Woman Happy

dee

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.