Respected Contributor

Re: I was bribed by Amazon for a good review!

I was offered bribe by seller of item not Amazon. I reported it to Amazon, they thanked me for reporting it.

This has happened twice.

Esteemed Contributor

@spent2much 

I doubt it was Amazon that sent you whatever. That company does not need to bribe their customers. Been buying from them for many, many years, and I have never got anything from them from the USPS other than what i ordered.

Yes, I have been contacted by 3rd party sellers on Amazon. Only 2 in those many years. The only reason they contacted me is, I contacted them first. I had a problem/they quickly corrected it by sending me new parts. Was overnight air, and no charge.

Now if you are talking a 3rd party company? That is not Amazon, it is whichamacallit that sent it. Sure, they can send you gift cards, just like i used to send them to my late mother-in-law. 

Disappointed? Hate to see what you would be if you wasn't happy with your order.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

The card came from Amazon, right, not from one of their sellers? Amazon is involved since their name was on the card. 

Right out there in front. Bribing is acceptable to Amazon.  It looks like American companies think they can get away with this.  They can because many Americans think Amazon can do no wrong even when it's right there in front of their noses.  

It's not surprising to me at all. I caught them using dishonorable tactics quite a bit that had nothing to do with their sellers. This was all Amazon.  

The 3rd party seller probably paid for that gift card.

Honored Contributor

scam

Honored Contributor

Yes that has happened to me a few times, but not from  AMZ--but from the seller. If I like something I will give a good review and a $10 gift card is fine by me---but only if I truly like it. When I do write my review, it appears exactly as I wrote it so it hasn't been tampered with. Not disappointed at all.

Respected Contributor

@spent2much  I received a postcard asking the same thing and offering me a $25 amazon gift card.  Makes me question all the 5* reviews on the product I ordered.  I haven't used it yet. 

Respected Contributor

The bribe wasn't from Amazon.  Wake UP!!  As others have pointed out, it's from a 3rd party seller.  

Esteemed Contributor

Now I am miffed.  I was contacted by a third party vendor there, but only as a follow up.  Where is my bribe??

Valued Contributor

This has never happened to me and I order a lot. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for ALL your responses.  There is no return address on the postcard.  It's a BOMOVA electric blanket if anyone's interested.  I LOVE it!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!