Honored Contributor

Re: I was bribed by Amazon for a good review!

[ Edited ]

@spent2much wrote:

Thanks for ALL your responses.  There is no return address on the postcard.  It's a BOMOVA electric blanket if anyone's interested.  I LOVE it!

@spent2much @Every other review on Amazon said they like the blanket but that it stopped working in a few months. They all said they could not reach the company. There is a review by a person with the initials DB (I'm leaving out the surname to retain the customer's anonymity) there that also received a gift card and the viewer gave them one star and mentioned that the practice was shady. 

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D  Thank you for that info.  I hope I'm one of the lucky ones and my blanket continues to work.  Time will tell.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This has never happened to me but sometimes the small business people on there when I have ordered...ask for a good review by email.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@spent2much 

Wow.  I buy a ton of stuff there and I never get a bribe.  They constantly send me e-mails asking me to review things but I never do.  It's just something I don't want to bother with.  I have given reviews on other sites, both positive and negative.  I don't think that is very ethical to ask someone to give a great review and then in essence pay them.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

I agree.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

I've discovered that many products and reviews on Amazon are bogus. I still order from them, mostly books and paper products. I no longer buy any clothing or accessories from them because of their dubious quality and origins.