Valued Contributor

I finally took the jump and signed in to the new boards.  It says I registered in 2010 and I lost a couple of thousand posts.  I wonder how they come up with the new dates and counts?  Before the switch they had my joining date wrong as well.  I joined the boards in about 2002.  At least I didn't have to change my nickname!  I'm having trouble keeping track of who some of you are with your new names.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: I've Lost Years Of My Life!

Post count and start date were casualties of the board changes.  You can read about it in the welcome get started forum.

Valued Contributor

The same thing happened to me. I lost years of posts. Then a few days ago someone was being...well not so nice; called me a newbie! At first I was upset...then I realised, it wasn't important enough to let it upset me.
As I get older, I realise things I used to fight over, just don't matter. I try to just concentrate on the good, the important things; like my two grown children, my DH, etc.. Life's just too short!
Honored Contributor

Anniecamp said:
"I finally took the jump and signed in to the new boards. It says I registered in 2010 and I lost a couple of thousand posts. I wonder how they come up with the new dates and counts? Before the switch they had my joining date wrong as well. I joined the boards in about 2002. At least I didn't have to change my nickname! I'm having trouble keeping track of who some of you are with your new names."

There were no dates prior to 2004, on the old boards. In the last big change everyone got the same date of 10062004. Don't feel badly about the loss of posts either. I lost about 12,000; others lost a lot more.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

What difference does it make?

Esteemed Contributor

Don't let it bother you.  I also get confused when posters change their nic!!  Never know who is" talking" !!

Respected Contributor

Why do people care about this?

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

Some of you take things way too seriously.  I posted "tongue in cheek", as in "chit-chat".  It doesn't bother me.

However, I am glad I didn't have to change my nick, and I wish others did not have to, as it's hard to recognice them.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Anniecamp wrote:

I finally took the jump and signed in to the new boards.  It says I registered in 2010 and I lost a couple of thousand posts.  I wonder how they come up with the new dates and counts?  Before the switch they had my joining date wrong as well.  I joined the boards in about 2002.  At least I didn't have to change my nickname!  I'm having trouble keeping track of who some of you are with your new names.  Smiley Happy

I started in 1999. Last time I looked it said 2 weeks ago, and I also had to change the way I had my "nic" registered. I don' really care about my registration dates, as that changed about every time they did an (upgrade)?

I also do not care about my umber of posts. I do however care about changing how I cannot use my original "nic", as I had a specific reason I signed in that way. 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anniecamp,

This is just my humble opinion...

When I read your caption, Re: I've Lost Years Of My Life!... I felt so sad even before I opened it to read more, because it sounded like you were diagnosed with an unexpected terminal illness.

That would mean you would be prematurely losing years of your life.

That would also justify using the exclamation point.

That scenario is something to really get upset about, because dying prematurely is a shock.

Of course that type of news is upsetting, but losing many of your former QVC bb posts, due to this new QVC Community forum format change over......well that is not a life changing event by any means.

Glad to read you are not dying prematurely anniecamp, but your above title, cannot even begin to compare to really losing years of your life.

There are really more important worries in life than this loss of many QVC posts.....and I pray you never lose that which is most precious to you.

Many of us have lost many  of our former QVC Community posts during this transition, but we most certainly have not lost years of our lives!