Esteemed Contributor

Re: I thought this was the BEST saying & so true in many ways!(edited)

@homedecor1, if you’re anything like me, you won’t really be settled until you make a decision that puts you where your heart thinks you need to be.  Good luck!  LM

Honored Contributor

Re: I thought this was the BEST saying & so true in many ways!

@GingerPeach

@Lilysmom  and all who replied!!!

Thank you!  At this point in life I realize alot more ...I guess with age comes "some wisdom".  Unfortunately, we probably were never "connected" as he calls it and sadly, I saw it more when I left my kids, family and more to move here.

I don't mind being alone nor do I mind living alone, in fact, I would welcome it!  I married very young and I've lived my whole adult life married.

Anyway, i do everything alone - I travel alone, I go to movies alone, I go to dinner alone, etc. therefore, I'm quite adjusted to being "alone" and I have to say I always meet someone to strike up a conversation, if needed.

(I'm pretty social )

My cousins are coming for my birthday weekend and its a pleasant surprise!  As I said, my family is the best -- they knew I needed something fun so my cousin gathered up my sister, niece and cousins and we will do cousins/friends weekend at her house near Ft. Lauderdale!  Yippee!!!  

Yes, once I make the decision then I'll move forward.  I'm not worried to much about the financial aspect as much as making such a huge move.  The one thing I have behind me is my family which is more than $$$ can every give me!

Thank you again everyone!!!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1, I am sorry that you are missing your family so much when you have to leave each other and I hope that things work for the good of all....with that being said, I wish I had a better relationship with what 'family' (siblings....no children) I have, I envy that closeness that you have.....

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs

believe me my siblings & I don't always see eye to eye ... but, I have a great way to deal with "their" craziness...I just give them the 🙄🙄!

We have our fair share of disagreements thru life but we have been kinda coming "full circle" after many years...might be my brother is older and sister is much younger...Lol

I am fortunate my boys still "like" me & 1 DIL likes me too...3 out of 4 not bad😉

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1..with those numbers you are well ahead of the game!!

You're the middle child like me...the pleaser, at least that was my role until I discovered I didn't want the job. 

It is amazing to me that with we 4 siblings are ALL VERY DIFFERENT from each other...hard to imagine sometimes that we are blood relatives.

Valued Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Qgirl26ED078F2E-F93D-47AD-B434-6341F6D18B26.gif

AW @butterfly123, thank you! I've been super busy so just now seeing this but I still need it. I'm having a rough day so it came at a good time for me. Thank you so much and back at ya Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@Qgirl26@homedecor1  I hope you both can find strength, peace and happiness.  And that you are able to return or move on to wherever it is that helps bring you comfort.   Home can be a town, a city or anywhere you make special.   Sometimes it's just being with a loved one,  or near a friend,  or just surrounding yourself with things that you love.

Hugs to you both.

Thanks so much, @nyc1!

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Qgirl26

Thank you & although my spouse is still alive I have told him & everyone if something happens I'd sell this house immediately.

I have been with him my entire adult life but we are not connected in anyway...we're great roommates for financial reasons.

I also hope you will find your happiness.  I'm very close to my kids & family therefore I "yearn" for them & my old life every day🙁 that's why my friend sent me that photo.

Thanks @homedecor1. I did not mean to hijack your thread but I appreciate the kind words. I have my moments of happiness. I have a wonderful family with 3 grown kids and 4 beautiful grandkids. I had done well since my husband's passing until this year. There have been some major things that have happened to me this year that I have to deal with and I'm feeling very tired. I'm having a hard time dealing with it all and trying to get things back in place. My husband was very calm and nothing bothered him. He is the one who always had to calm me down. So now when I need him the most, he's not able to be here. I hope to get things back together soon (literally in some ways) but things are not going well. I'm working toward improvement but it's tough. I will get there. I'm just dealing with some major feelings as I go along. I have to pull myself up and keep going but it is harder some days than others.

I hope things get better for you soon!