Honored Contributor

I thought it was Wednesday today until just now....

I came back from my dog walk and told my DH I was going to gather the garbage....he said "why? It is Tuesday."  I said he was a day off and it was Wednesday.....then he proved me wrong, So,  Where did Monday go? I find with  the Covid schedule and retirement my days are really melding into one another....weeks on end home...only leave the house once a week if that.  

I honestly have to really think what day it is each morning😳

Honored Contributor

Re: I thought it was Wednesday today until just now....

If I only had a dollar for each time I was a day off during my life!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I came back from my dog walk and told my DH I was going to gather the garbage....he said "why? It is Tuesday."  I said he was a day off and it was Wednesday.....then he proved me wrong, So,  Where did Monday go? I find with  the Covid schedule and retirement my days are really melding into one another....weeks on end home...only leave the house once a week if that.  

I usually use trash/recycling day to keep my days straight. 🤣

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

One time, on a really cloudy day, I decided to lay down and take a nap.  When I woke up I thought I had slept through the night so I started to make a pot of coffee, as I usually do, thinking it was early morning. As the minutes went by I kept thinking 'Wow it sure is dark outside for being this time in the morning.' I sat down to watch the 'morning' news and realized what I was watching was the evening news! Felt like an idiot.Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I have gotten my days mixed up quite a bit during the pandemic.  It seems to be getting worse lately.  

Honored Contributor

I do that more than I'd like to admit but it started before CV19 for me.

I've gotten to the point that, numerous times a day, I have to stop and re-realize what day it is.   

Some days I go through the day thinking it's a different day.  Good thing the day and date are on the tv, the computer, the phone, etc, for reference.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

One time, on a really cloudy day, I decided to lay down and take a nap.  When I woke up I thought I had slept through the night so I started to make a pot of coffee, as I usually do, thinking it was early morning. As the minutes went by I kept thinking 'Wow it sure is dark outside for being this time in the morning.' I sat down to watch the 'morning' news and realized what I was watching was the evening news! Felt like an idiot.Woman LOL

@SilleeMee   Now THAT Is a good one😄

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I usually use trash/recycling day to keep my days straight. 🤣

Its pretty sad when garbage day and picking up groceries at Walmart are the high points of your social schedule.  Since our days are filled with insignifance, there are no landmarks in our lives with which to gage time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

I too have to ask my wife what day it is, except! When it is a "skating day" for me, I remember. And since 1 of those days is on Wednesdays?  Right now there are only 2 days(dad gum it) and no way I will forget when Wednesday and Sunday roll around.

Now if I can only get better remembering why I go into any room but the bathroom!  🤔

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

I discovered the term "Blursday" which means most of my days are now a blur. I do appreciate the reqularity of the trash/recycle bins pickup on Tuesday. And I have also had the disorienting experience of waking from a nap and thinking it's the next morning.

LOL!