Super Contributor

Re: I think it was 'the sign'.

Prayers for you and your dear husband

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

(((@sarahpanda)))❤️  I've been a believer all of my life. 

I do believe all prayers are heard and there's always a sign...  whether an outward manifestation as you share with us or the unmistakable grace we feel in our very being.   Or both.   
One of my favorite songs, "It Is Well with My Soul," I listen to just about every day (see it in spoiler).   

I pray for your dear husband, for you and all who love him, and for the medical team guided by a loving presence always there.   

Thank you for giving us that gift of opening your heart to us, and please stay in touch if you feel you can.❤️   

Spoiler
🙏
​"​It Is Well with My Soul​"​ | BYU Vocal Point (A Cappella)
please copy and paste:
youtube.com/watch?v=FexGqNDBK3g&ab_channel=BYUVocalPoint

​"​It is well with my soul​"​ - Chris Rice
please copy and paste:
youtube.com/watch?v=9HLyhEdh92E&ab_channel=aristophrenium
🙏

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Yes, i do know and believe, i have had quite a few in my life time ,some not good,warnings i call them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda .........He truly works in mysterious ways.  I know He will bless you during this sad and heavy time for you, your husband and all your family.  Prayer sent up.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Of course there are "signs." We've had several throughout the years. Thoughts are with you and your husband during this tough time. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Super Contributor

Yes, I believe.  Prayers for you and DH----

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely I do.  They are touchstones that you will always remember during trying times.  Signs that in the end, everything will be ok.  I have had my share of signs.

I am sorry for the devastating news you heard.  It has to be so hard.  Try to take care of yourself as best you can.  Make sure you take advantage of all the support offered you.  And find some alone time - in nature, a church - to allow our father to talk to you.  All my best wishes.

Respected Contributor

Love and prayers to you and your husband. {hugs}

Valued Contributor

I do believe it was a sign. I have had many signs from God & some I chose to ignore. If I even think God is trying to tell me something I listen now! I do believe everything happens for a reason. We don't always know right away but all of a sudden it falls into place. Prayers for you & your husband!

Trusted Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

First let me say 'Believers will believe, non-believers won't.'  Today, my DH received a devastating medical report, couldn't be much worse. ..and tonight I was laying in bed, in the dark,  alone at the time, sniffing a bit, praying a lot, wondering what I'm going to do...and I prayed God if you are there, a sign would be nice.  Less than 1 minute later, the fan that I run every night (and have for years) turned off. The room was really quiet.  I thought well, the fan is probably shot and won't start back up but it did. (By the way, it's one of those 3 foot tall Dyson floor fans and I know it has an auto mode on the remote but I've never used it.)   It has never cut off by itself and I've had it for 3 years, at least.  I choose to 'believe'. (Non-believers, please don't attack...not really up for it right now).

Praying for you and your husband.  I see "Signs" from time to time as well and I choose to believe they are just that.