It's their job, they get paid to do it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I think hearts or well wishes from the mods is very nice

@chrystaltree wrote:

They don't have to offer a personal touch

Honored Contributor

Sometimes they have a quick trigger and they're not very consistent but I'm sure they try their best within the parameters they work in.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

They don't have to offer a personal touch

Nor should they.  They are making decisions about posts every day that can at best be described as subjective.  By giving high fives to certain posters shows yet another form of favoritism.  

Honored Contributor

I disagree

Valued Contributor

Sure it's their job, just like a cashier or doctor or barista or teacher has a job they get paid for. It's still a nice touch to be pleasant in whatever way possible. 

Thanks, moderators, for handling the challenges you face in dealing with some of the posters on these boards.

Esteemed Contributor

I do believe they've sanitized the forum so much, and with an iron fist,until most things of interest or controversial are deleted. I'm almost sure a topic of vanilla or chocolate would be controversial with deletions. The number of "moved" threads and "deletions" is remarkable. This isn't a group of foul-mouth waterfront workers! 

This used to be a more lively forum with many interesting and intelligent subjects discussed. Now, even before a debate gets started, it's removed for possible argument. 

When the mods first asked for permission to enter the forum, it was believed there would be a light footprint. Instead, it's heavy, leading to real snooze fests.

It's also apparent the mods are influenced when some posters don't like a thread and suggest the mods should remove it.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I do believe they've sanitized the forum so much, and with an iron fist,until most things of interest or controversial are deleted. I'm almost sure a topic of vanilla or chocolate would be controversial with deletions. The number of "moved" threads and "deletions" is remarkable. This isn't a group of foul-mouth waterfront workers! 

This used to be a more lively forum with many interesting and intelligent subjects discussed. Now, even before a debate gets started, it's removed for possible argument. 

When the mods first asked for permission to enter the forum, it was believed there would be a light footprint. Instead, it's heavy, leading to real snooze fests.

It's also apparent the mods are influenced when some posters don't like a thread and suggest the mods should remove it.

@febe1,I agree with a lot you said, however, there are some very nasty mouthed posters on here who act like first graders.  There's always one...........