Regular Contributor

Re: I seriously don't know what to do

@luvmyteddy4 I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but check with your town (either your police dept or township/mayor's office) if they have an ordinance regarding overnight parking. 

I've lived in my town over 25+ yrs, and yet I recently discovered that my town has this old ordinance in place (it was discussed in my town's Facebook group, that's how I found out).  It may be an antiquated ordinance for my town and it doesn't affect me personally at all. And it may not necessarily help you with cars parking on your street during the day.  BUT.... in your case, if an ordinance like this one does exists in your town, then the cars who are not registered at that address & are staying overnight and for weeks on end as you say CAN be reported & ticketed, as it can happen in my town.  So look into it.  This might be one possible yet viable deterrent for those visiting cars on your street.  And if it does not exist, maybe it's a suggestion you can make to your town.  Just a thought!  Good luck.

Frequent Contributor

Horrible situation. I think I would park on THEIR side of the street.....where their guests usually park. That way you'd be assured of getting out when you need to.....and you shouldn't have your mirror ripped off again. 

Plus it will probably tick them off. Two birds......

Esteemed Contributor

Whatever happened with the parking situation?

@luvmyteddy4 

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Whatever happened with the parking situation?

@luvmyteddy4 

Yes please update us @luvmyteddy4 .

Respected Contributor

I had a hard time finding anyone to talk to so for now I put it on hold.

They haven't had as many over as usual which is great for me!

The last several days people have parked on my side for me and any car can't get thru since his truck is parked there too. A truck had to stop in the street and pull his mirror in so he could squeeze thru the mail truck and his truck yesterday. I was out there talking to my neighbor who parked in front of my house to chat and we got dirty looks from cars trying to get thru.

Sheesh

They certainly won't widen the street.

Someone mentioned me parking on their side but then they would park on my side which defeats the purpose.

Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 :

Could you back into your driveway when you park? So when you leave all you have to do is drive out of the driveway.

We also have a street that is tough to navigate if people are parked on both sides of the street. So we back into our driveway. That way we just pull out when we want to leave.

Honored Contributor

Talk to the Mayor, governor, an attorney, the FIRESTATION chief.  EMS people.  You're going to have to reach out.  Can the mailman get through their vehicle?

Honored Contributor

It sounds like a street that sells drugs.  Just my take, don't the cops patrol????

Trusted Contributor

I would contact tv investigative reporting and put those inconsiderate people on the air. Contact your councilman continuously until something is done. This family is a group of inconsiderate irresponsible idiots. Be careful about ringing their doorbell, especially if you're elderly, because one of them is likely to shoot you. I would let authorities deal with them. Keep bothering your city politicians daily until something is done.