Honored Contributor

Re: I said goodbye today to the finest person i have met,

@CalminHeart,

My Mom passed four years ago this January 25th. I still go to call her to ask her about something. You will find the strength to go on, it takes alot of time. 

Image result for my deepest sympathy to you images

Trusted Contributor

She sounds quite special.  There is a Winnie the Pooh qutoe that I love....

"HOW LUCKY AM I TO HAVE SOMETHING THAT MAKES SAYING GOODBYE SO HARD"

Hugs to you during this sad sad time.  Strenght will find you !Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi,

Back in the 80’s I learned a life lesson thru my youngest brother, and my sister-in-laws, failed first marriages watching how my mother and mother-in-law handled and accepted the divorces of their children.   

As much as I wanted to have a close relationship with my MIL, she was a controlling woman who had clear favorites among her children.   My husband was not her favorite son, and I was not tolerant of how she treated him, and our daughters who were the first granddaughters.   When I realized how things were going to have to be, I always made sure she was respected as my husbands mother, and the grandmother of my daughters.

As my husband cared for his mother in the weeks prior to her death, she apologized for several things, and praised him for his achievements as a loving dad, and husband.   She also told him that out of three DIL’s, there was only one that she knew had married her son because of love—-and that was me.   My husband was the attention seeking stubborn, rebellious son; the one his parents worried about, and yet he was the only one who made his way on his own, without any financial help from them.   

When my husband finally shared what he and his mom talked about before her death, it brought back what I learned decades ago, that as parents, we want our sons and daughters to find the special person who connects to, and brings out the best in our child.   You were obviously that person in your MIL’s eyes, and she felt honored to love you as another daughter.   You are indeed blessed to have loved and cared for such a special woman.   May you and your husband find peace in such a profound loss.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi I'm sorry for the loss you and your family have suffered. Your Mother-in-law must have been a very special woman.

Spoiler

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@Still keeper of the koi,

Back in the 80’s I learned a life lesson thru my youngest brother, and my sister-in-laws, failed first marriages watching how my mother and mother-in-law handled and accepted the divorces of their children.   

As much as I wanted to have a close relationship with my MIL, she was a controlling woman who had clear favorites among her children.   My husband was not her favorite son, and I was not tolerant of how she treated him, and our daughters who were the first granddaughters.   When I realized how things were going to have to be, I always made sure she was respected as my husbands mother, and the grandmother of my daughters.

As my husband cared for his mother in the weeks prior to her death, she apologized for several things, and praised him for his achievements as a loving dad, and husband.   She also told him that out of three DIL’s, there was only one that she knew had married her son because of love—-and that was me.   My husband was the attention seeking stubborn, rebellious son; the one his parents worried about, and yet he was the only one who made his way on his own, without any financial help from them.   

When my husband finally shared what he and his mom talked about before her death, it brought back what I learned decades ago, that as parents, we want our sons and daughters to find the special person who connects to, and brings out the best in our child.   You were obviously that person in your MIL’s eyes, and she felt honored to love you as another daughter.   You are indeed blessed to have loved and cared for such a special woman.   May you and your husband find peace in such a profound loss.   

@RedTop

Wow, what a NICE post and you sound pretty darn unselfish and special yourself. All the best to you, you deserve it. 💕

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi:

Please accept my delayed condolences upon the death of your precious mother in law/mother. There will most likely not be a day go by when you do not think of her and feel gratitude that your lives intertwined as they did. I, too, believe you will be reunited eventually, but until then, remember her love is always with you.

dee

Trusted Contributor

@Calm in the heart:

I am so sorry upon the passing of your dear mother. No matter how old we are, we are never prepared to say goodbye to our moms Heart.

dee