Honored Contributor

Best wishes for the happy and productive years ahead.  I'm in my 18th year of retirement and highly recommend it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Oh, happy day! I'm thrilled for you and so jealous at the same time!!  Ha!  Congrats.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone!!!   it's a little surreal but I know I'll love it.  

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart

Happy trails to you!  Hope your journeys will be as sweet as the destinations🌎

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart, Congratulations on your retirement!!!! You are entering what I consider the best years of my life. You have saved for this time period since the minute you began working. At this age, many of us are still healthy, have extended families, and own our homes. You now get to pursue all those hobbies and skills that you never had time for before.

When I retired, I bought a flute (which I had not played since high school). I took a year to re-teach myself how to play and joined our community band. I took a renewed interest in cooking, and I learned how to relax.

Take awhile to adjust...sleep in...and be sure that you do not become one of those boob tube people. Enjoy your newly found freedom and life!!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Trusted Contributor

What a wonderful post.  i am so happy for you.  I hope you and your family enjoy every minute of it!

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart I am so happy for you.It sounds like you have had the best life and even greater things to come.Enjoy!,!