Honored Contributor

@LoveMeSomeQVC 

It is not a scam both the woman and the company are real.

I was never worried that is was a "box packing job" or something of the sort

@LoveMeSomeQVC wrote:

@I am still oxox  Good morning, I am.  I'm actually glad to hear you have cut ties on this.  I work in the fraud industry and I have seen several scams where someone has been hired as a personal assistant.  It typically does not take long for the new employer to ask you to deposit a fraudulent check and either wire the funds out as part of your job or "return" an amount over what the paycheck was cut for because too much was sent in error.  In all cases, the "employee" gets left holding the bag when the fraudulent check is returned. 

I'm not saying fraud is definitely what's happening in your case and I certainly hope it is not, but it would not surprise me.  Protect yourself including putting a fraud alert on your credit report if you have a bad feeling and think there is a possiblity your personal information may be used fraudulently.  Also, if you gave banking information to the new "employer", monitor your accounts daily.  I wish you well.  :-)

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

That woman sounds like a train wreck!

Thank goodness you're backing out now.  So sorry.

Honored Contributor

Lastly she e mails me and wants to "deliver" my pay for the day worked, I kindly asked her to leave it in my mail box

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox 

Happy you are getting paid.

This woman seems so scattered I almost feel sorry for her.  How can she possibly run a business?  It would be interesting to know about her.  I wonder if she may have lost a trusted assistant and now is floundering or if there is another reason for her behavior.

Respected Contributor

I worked for a woman who was ditzy.   It was awful.   Everytime I arrived, I wondered which boss was going to be there that day.   She was all over the place.   I think her middle names were "Jekyl and Hyde".   I lasted three years.  It was part time so at least I didn't have to deal with her every day but 3 days a week was plenty.

You dodged a bullet and deserve a glass of champane.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

She didn't need help planning her wedding to a Nigerian prince, did she?

Cat WinkCat TongueCat LOL

Honored Contributor
Sounds like the environment was chaotic....and glad you recognized right away it wasn’t a place you wanted to be. Don’t be waiting for the money she owes you...just mo e on!
Honored Contributor

Be glad you are rid of her.  I could not handle someone like that.

kindness is strength