Respected Contributor

Smart move on your part. Steer clear.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like she needs a Personal Assistant.  Smiley Wink

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Twelve hours a week?  Honestly, I wouldn't even call that job.  It was going to be a bleep fest so it's good that you got out before you even started.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry the job didn't work out. I'm not sure why someone said it wasn't a job other than to be nasty. 

Super Contributor

@I am still oxox  Good morning, I am.  I'm actually glad to hear you have cut ties on this.  I work in the fraud industry and I have seen several scams where someone has been hired as a personal assistant.  It typically does not take long for the new employer to ask you to deposit a fraudulent check and either wire the funds out as part of your job or "return" an amount over what the paycheck was cut for because too much was sent in error.  In all cases, the "employee" gets left holding the bag when the fraudulent check is returned. 

I'm not saying fraud is definitely what's happening in your case and I certainly hope it is not, but it would not surprise me.  Protect yourself including putting a fraud alert on your credit report if you have a bad feeling and think there is a possiblity your personal information may be used fraudulently.  Also, if you gave banking information to the new "employer", monitor your accounts daily.  I wish you well.  :-)

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox 

You made the right decision by quitting this job.  I'm sure you will find something you enjoy.  Good Luck!  

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Interesting I sent her the e mail over two hours ago and 0 response, I wonder if I will ever see the money from the day I worked last week

@I am still oxox That happened to me about 14 years ago, I quit the job, never looked back and the weeks pay she owed me never materialized. I was just glad to be out of the situation and away from her ,I didn't care about the money. Bad experience, but I did learn from it.

Valued Contributor

Chrystaltree...a job is a job...whether it is 2 hours or 62 hours a week.  Don't know why you would say that...

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree 

acutally it was only 6 hours, sheesh, I am really suprised at your comment,  actually I am not 

@chrystaltree wrote:

Twelve hours a week?  Honestly, I wouldn't even call that job.  It was going to be a bleep fest so it's good that you got out before you even started.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I am seriously aghast that someone would behave in this way.

Good thing you found out up front before investing too much of your time and you own $.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~