Contributor

If you are on the taller side a lightweight maxi would be so much cooler for Florida.  If you're shorter I would go for a midi length lightweight dress.  I agree that leggings and a black three quarter length sleeved top would be sweltering in Florida in June.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I need some advise/help

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie  Many have mentioned Louis Dell'Olio and his clothing if you must buy from QVC or on-line. His items are well-made and should work for a wedding. Find an item with sleeves and a full, A-line or loosely pleated skirt or slacks with wide legs and you should be fine. Or what about a pant suit (preferably with flowy, wide legs)?

I still recommend going to Dillard's and having a salesperson show you some styles and fit you properly. If for not other reason than to give you styling ideas and sizing.

The last thing you want to do is hide behind your clothing. You want it to accentuate you and your curves! You are a female. Be proud of yourself and your womanhood.

I would certainly begin my search now. As time goes on, clothing will become sleeveless and hemlines shorter for warmer weather. Time is of the essence. You cannot wait until toward June to shop with the wedding season in full swing. 

Those pictures will last a lifetime. Your family will be showing them to family and friends. No leggings or maxidresses, please. This is a wedding. Have fun and enjoy the celebration.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I don't think gauze would be a good choice for any but the most casual weddings--like on a beach.  If then. 

Talbots has beautiful clothes and great sales.  Might keep an eye there.  

Respected Contributor

If you choose that pink top, you might want to think about wearing a cami under it. I have a pink gauze crepe top, and as you mentioned the pockets are visible through it. I think the top you're considering is pretty, and your idea of leggings for a casual June wedding could work. I live where it gets very hot by June, so out here I'd probably wear a skirt or maxi dress.

Occasional Contributor

If it helps, I just wear a nude bra under the pink tunic. It is not see through, though you can see the pockets. Louis has a new tunic called ''the flower power tunic" it is 100 % polyester the length is 25 1/2" long in size 4. I do not know how long that will make it in your size as it is not posted yet. It has a white flower lace border on the sleeve. Comes in navy, turquoise, hot pink, and white with black lace border. I am buying the navy to wear with my white Linea boho skirt. I think it would look lovely at an afternoon wedding. It will be on his monday show.

Honored Contributor
I think a maxi dress sounds like the perfect thing to wear; you can make it as dressy as you want by wearing a floral or solid one; maybe one with thin straps or only one shoulder strap...flowy style so it is cool...and some heeled, jeweled thong sandals.
Valued Contributor

I would NEVER wear leggings to a wedding, and I've NEVER seen ANYONE wearing leggings to a wedding.

Honored Contributor
I still vote for a cool, flowy maxi dress with a nice wrap to tie over your arms....nice jewelry...and some heeled thing sandals....
Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie @lovesrecess  After checking the Linea collection, there are several maxi dresses which would be appropriate for a wedding. Louis Dell'Olio has some classic designs in solids; some have sleeves. Others could be paired with a jacket from his collection. Good suggestions!

I appologize for thinking of maxi dresses as flowery (which would not be appropriate) and boxy. Linea styles are not. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I need some advise/help

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie  The Linea floral print pull on skirt with a silk long-sleeve blouse would be a stunning outfit! Don't know your height, but it's a great length and should cover your legs well. Think I'd stay away from tunics. They make women look larger than they really are. Enhance your figure with good fitting clothing.