Honored Contributor

Re: I must be a fuddy duddy

[ Edited ]

my daughter had a "covid wedding" and certainly nothing like they planned to have. both are working good jobs and had planned a year for the wedding they wanted......then the entire wedding was cut down to less than 25 people. i felt so badly for her, but it turned out lovely anyways in our own home.

prior to the wedding they went on a weekend trip to the beach with their friends.....it was a combination bachelor/bachelorette party that everyone chipped in for. they rented two condos in the same building and had a great time.

we had a bridal shower for her at our favorite local restaurant and had about 60 people.

there are so many "new traditions" these days. i dont look down on them or wonder how they came to be......we just enjoy celebrating the love and i dont question others choices nor do i wonder how much they have in their bank accounts. now we see "sprinkles," and "push presents," and bridal showers for second and third marriages, destination bachelorette parties, destination weddings, huge kid birthday parties, "sip and sees," "babymoons"......i am sure i am missing some of these newer traditions.

i choose to celebrate love and family and not worry about how others choose to celebrate their life events. Heart

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

MANY decades ago when I was first married all of my friends were LOW-PAID teachers, as was I. ALSO our mothers, for the most part, stayed home to raise us -- SO we were not used to elaborate parties, showers, after-parties, destination showers etc.

I think that much of this change has to do with more expendable cash -- both growing up and when people are grown-up and in their careers.

May all of us -- old and young -- be kind, healthy and long-lifed!

Blessings everyone!

-SolarSmiley Happy