Honored Contributor

I bet almost everyone will quit wearing them when the temp is in the 90's day after day this summer.

I dont care what they are made from they are hot and restrict breathing.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: I made my own mask!

[ Edited ]

I just “made” my first no sew fold mask this morning. I used an old tee & rubber bands. I like the idea of being able to remove the bands and throw it in the washer after wearing, We have a few old tees we can use and the material is very soft which is important for my sensitive skin.

I wanted to try it out, because I will need something for my doctor appointment on May 13. Still not sure if it’s off or on, and if I want to risk going out. Due to my asthma & compromised immune system I haven’t been anywhere since March 15. DH has been wearing construction masks to the grocery. We have a few remaining from when we removed old plaster during our basement remodel last year. 

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@ECBG  I edited my post a bit because I don't know the weather in Florida right now. Is there any sewing required with the folded tee? If so,🙁😉 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles No sewing.  If you cut the body of an old tee to fit you from ear to ear, as you fold the tees long side on each end, place a ribbon that will be long enough to tie behind your head, or you could order fabric glue from amazon to take the place of a sewn one.

I have found the unsewn may have to be refolded somewhat.

You could also order the masks here.  If you leave the one you wear on the dash of a car parked outside, it would be cleaned by the UV light.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  Thank you for the explanation! I have several cloth masks that were made for me, but thought it was interesting that I might be able to make my own. I appreciate all of your suggestions, especially the fabric glue, and might get bold enough to try, as it would be fun to make fashionable ones.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE😊