Honored Contributor

Re: I'm worried out of my mind!

Thank you all!!!   Dad came through surgery and is doing well.  

Once he was settled in his room, we face timed so Mom and Dad could see each other and talk for a minute.  Dad looked good to me considering.  Mom visibly relaxed after that call. I'm so thankful for all you warriors who sent prayers and good thoughts!  My deepest thanks to you!

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart .Nice to hear that your dad's surgery was a success and that he and your mom were able to see each other to talk after.I sense that you are feeling a little relief too.I will continue the prayers for you and your mom and dad...hugs

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart Thanks so much for the update...I was wondering!  Glad your Dad came through his surgery well. Technology is so helpful for situations like this, especially since it helped your Mom relax.

Still praying for you all, and remember to take good care of yourself, too!

Trusted Contributor

It is good to hear from you, that maybe things have settled down a bit. Will continue to pray for you, 

Surgery and medical management of heart disease has come a long way and God is a heart healer both physically and emotionally. Prayer workd.I For whatever it is worth, I have had a cardiac bypass surgery and since have had 3 stents. Best wishes to you and your family.

Honored Contributor

I just read this.  I'm so sorry for all you're going through and sending prayers.

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart  So happy to hear of the successful surgery and the time your parents could touch each other through the screen.

Just wonderful!!

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart,   Both your parents are in God's hands.  I hope your father's surgery is successful and I hope your mother finds peace soon.  Take care.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Prayers for your family!  It's almost surreal, isn't it?Woman Sad

My sister and I went thru just about the same thing in 2009.

My mom had suffered a paralyzing stroke and was in a coma.  My dad was having hip replacement surgery, which had been postponed.

Mom died July 13, 2009 at 4:05a.  On July 14, 2009 at 8a, my sister and I were back at the same hospital for dad's surgery.  I remember saying to her - What if dad doesn't make it?  Will we lose 2 parents in 2 days?  Mom & dad were 88 yo at the time.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart

Prayers 🙏🙏❤️

Honored Contributor

Mom is on her final days now.    

Yesterday, Dad gave me some alone time with her and she looked at me once.  I was talking to her and it was the first time I cried in front of her.  We've been protecting her from our heartbreak.  I know she heard what I said.  It's just so hard.

During the prior night, she asked the hospice nurse about a little girl in the room.  I believe it is our deceased sister.  I've been asking her to help Mom with the transition. A while back, Mom told us she hoped to see her first since she hadn't seen her for so very long.