Trusted Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@Kachina624 

Thank You, dear woman.

Yes, that’s my home.

If you're going to Fruili Venezia Giulia, my nephew lives in Pordanone.  It's so beautiful there.  Have a wonderful and safe trip.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Malcontent ..what part of Italy are you from.   My family is from the Marche region.  I love Italy.  I still have relatives there.   Can't wait to go back.  Have a good time on your trip.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I’m off to Italia

[ Edited ]

@spumoni99 wrote:

@Malcontent wrote:

@spumoni99 

My husband is an American and…you can only eat so much pasta. lol

Funny story about 5 years ago me and my daughter went to Rome, I had been in the 80's when I was young.  We ordered lobster and pasta, we got huge claws and some tools to open them, I think the waiters got a giggle watching us try to eat those!  We almost had them flying across the restaurant.  We ordered more carefully after that!

LOL  @spumoni99 ..Something similar happened to my husband with shrimp when we went to Italy on our honeymoon.  We have been there three times since.... and he has never ordered shrimp again.  

Honored Contributor

Buon Viaggio!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Enjoy your trip!  I can't wrap my mind around your unease.  Assuming you are not an undocumented immigrant, why wouldn't you be allowed to come home?

Honored Contributor

Please have a good time and don't let worry steal anything from you!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I’m off to Italia

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

Enjoy your trip!  I can't wrap my mind around your unease.  Assuming you are not an undocumented immigrant, why wouldn't you be allowed to come home?

@chrystaltree  I don't think that @Malcontent  was worried about Immigration letting her back in.

It seems as if a few Posters don't nderstand what @Malcontent  is talking about.

Esteemed Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

My second eldest granddaughter will be here early tomorrow morning to stay and help Pops with our fur babies.

Can Pops handle the fur babies alone? Yes.

I just want someone here as back up.

I leave on the 5th and will be back (if all goes well) on the 17th.

I don’t know, I’ve a weird feeling leaving the U.S.  I’m a bit afraid I can’t get back to my family here. Maybe it’s all the crazy things in the news?

@Malcontent  everything will be ok.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree  I don't think that @Malcontent  was worried about Immigration letting her back in.

It seems as if a few Posters don't nderstand what @Malcontent  is talking about.

I'm part of the few, I don't know what she's talking she's talking about.  She must be speaking in code.

Honored Contributor

I hope you have a nice time in Italia.  If you can, check in while you're there and let us know how it is.  If you can't, we'll be here when you return.  Smiley Happy