Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Mominohio@I agree with most of what you said but I feel differently about not acknowledging your sons special days.He is still young enough to not put the same importance that we have on days that are assigned as special.If you let those days slide with him then over time it will become the norm and there will be very few celebrations.I will just keep on reminding my son and never forgetting his special days to set the example of how important he is to me.I know my son loves me and cares enough to call every day and that is more meaningful to me than a quick call for a special occasion

@dex

I agree with you 100% for most kids.

But ours is in a real bad place right now, and is giving nothing back to us, and the world in general. He is going through a phase of absolutely no consideration for anything or anyone but himself and what he is wanting (or not wanting). I won't go into a lot of details, but we are having to do the 'tough love' kind of thing right now, as everything else has failed. 

But certainly, if this is the only (or one of a very few) 'faults' one has with their child, I'd do exactly as you describe, no question about it. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio@That is too bad.Hope your son gets back on track quickly.I hate to think of how you sad must feel right now.

Regular Contributor

Oh Lorraine, your name may change, but you never do...

Trusted Contributor

@katiemichelle wrote:

Oh Lorraine, your name may change, but you never do

Thank you! Cat Happy

...(I didn't change it voluntarily; QVC was having some technical problems so it was easier to change it than to jump through hoops to use my real name)

Respected Contributor

Re: I'm concerned...

[ Edited ]

@FuzzyFace wrote:

@katiemichelle wrote:

Oh Lorraine, your name may change, but you never do

Thank you! Cat Happy

...(I didn't change it voluntarily; QVC was having some technical problems so it was easier to change it than to jump through hoops to use my real name)

@FuzzyFace @katiemichelle, FuzzyFace if you want, you can go into your 'personal' preferences and add something to your signature line indicating that you used to be "Miss Lorraine" and what happened.  Just a suggestion.