Valued Contributor

Everyone under my roof is feeling anxious these days. I'll be so glad when May is over. Between the 2 of them, I'd be willing to bet they have 6 medical appts. I haven't counted the no. of appts. I have and I don't want to know.

This might not sound like a big deal but the catch is that my DH has to do most of the driving, since my doc. told me in no uncertain terms that, due to the amount and kind of medications I take, it's not safe for me to drive. (I feel ok but if she says not to drive, I won't drive.)

My sister can do some driving but I think she's apprehensive about it, so good ol' DH will be the driving for all 3 of us. I sure feel bad about this and I'm trying to think of a way to show my appreciation. 

Another reason I'm worried is that I'm afraid that someone blabbed that I nicknamed her Torquemada--I alwaysa feel like I'm being interrogated when we talk.

I could go into detail but I won't--that wowuld just make me more anxious. 

Respected Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 I am sorry you are feeling anxious. I hope all of the appointments get good results and you can relax. I think a simple "Thank You. I appreciate your willingness to drive us where we need to be" would go a long way. If you're feeling up to it, make his favorite meal or bake his favorite dessert.

Good luck. I am thinking about all three of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm anxious.

[ Edited ]

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

Everyone under my roof is feeling anxious these days. I'll be so glad when May is over. Between the 2 of them, I'd be willing to bet they have 6 medical appts. I haven't counted the no. of appts. I have and I don't want to know.

This might not sound like a big deal but the catch is that my DH has to do most of the driving, since my doc. told me in no uncertain terms that, due to the amount and kind of medications I take, it's not safe for me to drive. (I feel ok but if she says not to drive, I won't drive.)

My sister can do some driving but I think she's apprehensive about it, so good ol' DH will be the driving for all 3 of us. I sure feel bad about this and I'm trying to think of a way to show my appreciation. 

Another reason I'm worried is that I'm afraid that someone blabbed that I nicknamed her Torquemada--I alwaysa feel like I'm being interrogated when we talk.

I could go into detail but I won't--that wowuld just make me more anxious. 

@PuppyLoverBob666  as @On It  said just let him know how much you appreciate it. He knows you do and might say it's ok but still show him how much.

As for your sister "You are in TROUBLE" lol.

Honored Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

I'm trying to think of a way to show my appreciation. 

@PuppyLoverBob666  When you get back home put this on........

http---cdn.cnn.com-cnnnext-dam-assets-220502163734-14-met-gala-2022-vanessa-hudgens.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I think he might just get back in the car and keep driving lol.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure he doesn't love being the family chauffeur but there's nothing any of you can do about it.  Your medical visits are a necessity.  I hope everyone verbally tells him how. grateful and appreciative they are.  

Honored Contributor

There are taxi's and ubers and even busses.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

I'm trying to think of a way to show my appreciation. 

@PuppyLoverBob666  When you get back home put this on........

http---cdn.cnn.com-cnnnext-dam-assets-220502163734-14-met-gala-2022-vanessa-hudgens.jpg

OMG...I think the dear man would faint but he'd have a smile on his face....

Valued Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

There are taxi's and ubers and even busses.

We don't have any kind of effective public transportation and I'd NEVER take a taxi or ubers...they aren't safe. I really like that Batwoman suit!

Honored Contributor

Agree that there are services in most communities to take people to needed appointments.

I would suggest you contact your city's "Council On Aging".