Honored Contributor

My grandsons are SO fortunate to have a wonderful set of parents, especially since the divorce rate has always been high.

About 2 years ago, as our older GS was coming into small men's sizes and out of youth, I took him with me and let him pick out his winter wardrobe so he wouldn't lose items exchanging.

This has become our tradition after the stores get all of their stock.

This year, because of several doctor appointments that happen to be Thanksgiving week, it threw us into very late afternoon the day before Thanksgiving so I will take him out to dinner.  

I discussed this plan with my DILove this morning and he wants to come HOME with me and spend the night!

This is the GS that loves to cook.  He's going to be seeing prep on a turkey!  

Our GS's view here as their second home which is such a smile!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm Kind of Surprised!

[ Edited ]

I'm so happy for you your GS loves to spend time with his grandparents. You are very blessed. Enjoy your day shopping and cooking with him. 🦃❤️🙏❤️ HAPPY THANKSGIVING 🦃🦃

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

That sounds like an awesome time with your GS!

And I love the way you always refer to your DIL as "DLLove"!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Sounds like a very nice time,

Thanksgiving-themed image. Thanksgiving holiday concept

Honored Contributor

Thats so  lovely.  There is nothing better than being a hands on grandmother with a real relationship and traditions with our grandchildren.   

Respected Contributor

@ECBG 

It's nice to hear your GS likes to come to your house. Our GS likes coming to our house too and he loves to stay over night. He knows he has the run of the house. He's our only grandchild so we do spoil him. We want him over as much as possible as he's already 8 years old and I imagine when he gets older he  may not want to spend as much time with us. It makes us feel good that he enjoys coming over here and spending time with us. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm Kind of Surprised!

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

My grandsons are SO fortunate to have a wonderful set of parents, especially since the divorce rate has always been high.

About 2 years ago, as our older GS was coming into small men's sizes and out of youth, I took him with me and let him pick out his winter wardrobe so he wouldn't lose items exchanging.

This year, because of several doctor appointments that happen to be Thanksgiving week, it threw us into very late afternoon the day before Thanksgiving so I will take him out to dinner.  

I discussed this plan with my DILove this morning and he wants to come HOME with me and spend the night!

@ECBG wrote:

how nice...you must be a loving grandmother...just curious...how old is he?!

Honored Contributor

ECBG,

Your family-loving, feel-good post chased away so much of the gloom that has been in the news lately.

Thank you for sharing your cheerful and heart-warming plans you have made with your loving grandson.

Honored Contributor

@nana59 

He's 15 and in his first year of "early college".  He's looking into different careers and I hope he picks up some skills along the way to make his life richer.

I hope he can always feed himself with nutritional food and cook without relying on fast food.

Esteemed Contributor

My grandson and his new wife told us that they are going to cook Thanksgiving dinner for us. I think that's lovely but I have back-up plans just in case.