Respected Contributor

Re: I'm Home From My Surgery

@NickNack    Glad you went to see the NP.  Glad you are home and can get some relief soon.  Ava and Henry missed you.  You will be in my prayers.  Take care........

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@NickNack , I'm sorry to hear the extent of surgery you've gotten...I was hoping it wasn't anything serious.  Hopefully your pain will ease up very soon, and the annoying itching.   I've had a few surgeries myself,  and I can relate to the discomfort,  and the drugs, awaiting results.   Also I suffer from severe rashes that cause insane itching.  Along with the steroid creams, I apply ice packs, or very cold wraps with clean water.  All recommended by my drs at Mayo clinic.   In your case, maybe ask your Dr if you could apply a clean, cold wet cloth near the incisions that are itching. The cold drives the blood away from the area, and helps provide relief.   It can be maddening to have non stop itching.   @NickNack , I am going to be praying for you, and want you trust that your going to get past this, and be on the mend very soon.  God bless your sister too, 🙂.

Beautiful people here...I remember many of you comforting me during my pets(Teaspoon) passing.   Ill never forget💞.  @NickNack ...ill be checking back here periodically...get your rest, and dont feel rushed to reply.🙏🙏...Linda

Thank you @Dazlin . I  appreciate your support as well as everyone else's.  I have been putting cold wet washcloths on the areas that itch.  I agree that it helps a lot.  When I took my shower yesterday I ran cold water over the entire area at the end of the shower.  That also brought relief, and I will continue doing that.

I'm wondering if the steroid cream that the PA gave me was not the right one for whatever this rash is.  It is clobetasol 0.05% cream.  I've used it before for very bad rashes, and it stopped the itch almost immediately.  I know it's a strong steroid.  It hasn't helped my itching at all, although the Benadryl does help. My rash hasn't subsided at all either.  I'm anxious to see the surgeon next Wednesday.

I'm very sorry that you have such bad rashes Dazzlin.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack , this is the cream I use...the Clobestesol doesn't help me.  This cream usually helps the rash disappear in 2 days, but itching is immediately relieved. 20220212_144410.jpg

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

So happy to hear that you are a bit better.  And, ....... Ava learned to use

the steps.  Love DOES conquer many things!

Just an idea, have you thought about an ice pack for those itchies?  Not the same, but I used on my shingles rash and it was a real help.

Hugs to you and your two sweet babies.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Thank you for the name of that cream @Dazlin !  I wish I could call my Urologist tomorrow and ask for it, but I doubt I will call on a Sunday for that.  I may though.  I will definitely write it down and ask for it.

-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

So glad you are feelng some what better.

When I had that itching and rash..My primary told me to take a Benedryl for the itching..and use baby Desitin for the rash..Both helped a lot...Of course ask first.

Honored Contributor

@Dazzlin My sister said that she has the cream that works for you. She’s going to bring it to me today. I hope it works. Thank you so much for telling me about it.

The clobetasol works for the other rash that I get, but just isn’t the right one for this allergic reaction.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack , that's great your sister happens to have it.  I will tell you, the strength of it may weaken over time,,if it's old, or expired.   There should be a date on it.   You can keep it in the fridge too, feels good going on cold.

They gave me that huge jar because my rash at the time was over my entire body.  I used a plastic disposable spoon and never put my fingers in it.  I also have it in tubes, which is good when I only get a few pop up patches of rash.  I was told to take allergy pills, like Zyrtec, or Allegra during the massive spread.  I've had 9 skin biopsies over the years, and Mayo said its similar to Govers disease, but not 100 percent sure, and unfortunately no diagnosis for what triggers these rashes.   Sweating isn't too good for me either, so I get in the shower as soon as I come in from gardening...im in steamy Florida.   I use Vanicream bar soap, and the body cream..all adamantly recommended by my drs at Mayo.

I switch around when I'm rash free.

I'm heading to Mayo tomorrow...I do labs every 6 months...I have a slight blood cancer which can develop into myeloma, so we monitor closely.   So far, all has been great and no progression of disease.  They don't treat me at this low level because it has not affected anything in my body/organs.  We just watch, and im not worried about it.   All said, I know opened up about my personal issues,  but just wanted to share. I truly hope you get relief ASAP!!  Hopefully as soon as your incisions heal, or whatever they used on them, this will subside 🙂

Stay in touch, 🙏

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin   I'm glad your blood disease has not progressed.  You're lucky to be able to go to Mayo Clinic.  

I'll definitely check the expiration date.  I looked up clobetasol and also the cream that works for you.  Clobetasol is much stronger.  I wonder why the other cream works better.  When I get my other rash the itch stops the second I put clobetasol on it.  It hasn't done much at all for this rash.  I'm hoping the new cream will help.  I'm also taking Benadryl.

My sister is coming over soon and bringing lunch and the cream.  As soon as she leaves I'm going to take a shower and put the new cream on.  My incisions themselves don't look bad, but there's a very wide red rash all around them.  I have five incisions.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers for a speedy recovery and pain free soon.