Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Home From My Surgery

No need to apologize, right now your priority is healing.  Yes, frequently hospitals stays are short and pain meds are minimal....politics and money intervening in health care regulations.  I would still let your MD know about your level of pain.  Let your precious pups comfort you and don't hesitate to rest.  Keep us posted, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

No need to apologize, right now your priority is healing.  Yes, frequently hospitals stays are short and pain meds are minimal....politics and money intervening in health care regulations.  I would still let your MD know about your level of pain.  Let your precious pup Ava and kitty Henry comfort you and don't hesitate to rest.  Keep us posted, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

@NickNack Whoops...sorry, but I'm sure you figured it outSmiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@NickNack   I'm so glad you called your doctor.  Sometimes just a change in pain medication can make all the difference in the world. Even a higher dose of Advil with Tylenol can work quite well sometimes (if OK with your doctor that is).  Also, for my condition, sleeping in a big soft "straddle lounger" type chair was a great help.

I said a prayer for you and I will continue to pray that God will help you get through this. One time I was so miserable I just wanted to die so I asked God to give me the courage to get through it and I believe He did.   

Honored Contributor

@NickNack ,

Thank you for your update. I am keeping you in my prayers.  I think you did the best thing by seeing the NP. 

You saying that Ava is using the stairs to your bed is so sweet. Bless her heart, and Henry's too. 

Trusted Contributor

You are in my prayers, dear NickNack.  I pray you're pain free asap and that you get nothing but good news from now on.  

Trusted Contributor

@Nicknack
Continued prayers for quick healing and pain free days. 💗
Honored Contributor

@NickNack I have been wondering how you are doing. I hope the pain lessens soon, wishing you all the best in your recovery.🙏

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

Thank you for the update @NickNack . But, please do not feel that you have to . Please get your pain in check, recover first. Prayers that your healing goes quickly and well. Take care.

Respected Contributor

@NickNack  I'm just seeing this now. So glad your surgery is done and you are home.  I hope your pain level continues to go down.  Seeing the NP must have eased your mind on a few things.  Hope the labwork all cones back fine.  glad they ran the urine tests since they were working on your kidney if it's irritated from the mass removal or any infection is brewing the culture may find it even before any symptoms show.  Sorry you're having a reaction to the stitches.  It can't ever be just one thing can it. Not only is there the post surgery pain but you're bedeviled by the itches too!  Hope the things the NP prescribed for you are helping and your are well on your way to recovery.

Thank you to your Sister for helping you out.  It makes SO much differance to have someone with you while you are recovering!

Ava and Henry are doing their part, keeping Mommy company and wishing you well.

Plese rest up and feel better.

Respected Contributor

@NickNack , I'm sorry to hear the extent of surgery you've gotten...I was hoping it wasn't anything serious.  Hopefully your pain will ease up very soon, and the annoying itching.   I've had a few surgeries myself,  and I can relate to the discomfort,  and the drugs, awaiting results.   Also I suffer from severe rashes that cause insane itching.  Along with the steroid creams, I apply ice packs, or very cold wraps with clean water.  All recommended by my drs at Mayo clinic.   In your case, maybe ask your Dr if you could apply a clean, cold wet cloth near the incisions that are itching. The cold drives the blood away from the area, and helps provide relief.   It can be maddening to have non stop itching.   @NickNack , I am going to be praying for you, and want you trust that your going to get past this, and be on the mend very soon.  God bless your sister too, 🙂.

Beautiful people here...I remember many of you comforting me during my pets(Teaspoon) passing.   Ill never forget💞.  @NickNack ...ill be checking back here periodically...get your rest, and dont feel rushed to reply.🙏🙏...Linda