Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Home From My Surgery

I've had extreme post surgical pain and can imagine what you're going through.  It should be subsiding very gradually and getting better soon.  One unpleasant side affect of taking those pain killers is extreme constipation so be sure to include plenty of fiber, like bran cereal, in your diet.  A probiotic might help.  These darn insurers and Medicare just don't let patients who need IV pain killers, stay in the hospital long enough.

Hope you'll soon be on the mend.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Please call your doctor or surgeon's office about the pain, if it's that bad.

You had a very serious and invasive surgery and shouldn't have your body suffer this bad.

My experience has been that prescribed pain killers never really helped the severe pain, in fact I found OTC meds worked better.  I let my doctor know that, too.  

I hope you get a quick response from the doctor and more importantly that the pain is being addressed and subsides.

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone.  I called my doctor's office this morning and am waiting for my sister to pick me up to take me to the appt.  I'm seeing the nurse practitioner at my surgeon's office.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack   Sending good wishes that you get relief from your pain and that you get good news from your doctors.   It's good to hear from you.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Valued Contributor

@NickNack  Thank you for updating us. 

I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. Maybe your doctor can try something different that will work better for you.

I hope you feel better soon. Take care and get plenty of rest!

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack. Sorry to hear you're in so much pain.  Perhaps calling the surgeon's office and letting them know would be good.  He may ge able to increase your dosage or order something else for you.

Sending prayers

Honored Contributor

@NickNack Heart

Sending Love Light and prayers.jpeg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Thank you for making the super effort to let us know how you are!

I just know Henry and Ava did the Super-Happy dance of Love to see you.

Glad to hear you called the surgeon.  Pain is different for each of us, and there are no medals 🎖 for going beyond your limits.  Hope s/he helps you.  

Finding the right RX combo is the trick.  After several surgeries Docs know I can only take Morphine.  All the oxies. & codeines make me sick as a dog, hour, after hour.  

Take good care.  Sending soft hugs 🤗 and light.

Kissies to the babies.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@Nicknack
I am in full agreement with other posters. The drs can give you the right meds to control your pain. Praying for you to get medication and relief. ❤️🙏🏻
Esteemed Contributor

I was happy to see your post but sad to hear you are in pain. I am glad you are going to the NP to see about getting a resolution. I wish you the best. I am sure Ava and Henry wants to see their mom happy and healthy.  Take care.